How to bring your car to Algeria

Hello everybody,

If you exported your car to Algeria, were there any formalities that needed to be completed beforehand? What were they?

What is the best way to export your car? Is there a limit on the number of vehicles, or perhaps the age of the vehicle? Are there limits on emissions or emission controls in Algeria?

What are the expected costs of exporting a car? In your opinion, is it worth it?

Once you arrived in Algeria, what were the applicable taxes? What was the customs process like?

How do you go about registering an imported car in Algeria?

Is it best to buy a car once you have arrived or to bring your car with you, in your opinion?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Bhavna

Hi There ,
have you managed to import your car? I am trying to do the same but having difficulties in finding an insurer for it.
Cheers
Stefano

Hello dear all,

we can help you on this matter, please advise when you manage to do it? there are some custom's rules to respect.

Hello dear,

kindly note that you to identify your need, is this exportation to Algeria for a business? if the case no you cannot.
If for personnal using you have to options, 1/ export the car and engage a customs forwarder locally to proceed and you taxes and duties.
2/ Export a car by using Consular card (CCR) and you don't pay taxes
3/ Export the car by using (Moudjahidin Licene) free taxes but the car to named on the personne who has the licence until 3years, less warranty.
otherwise if your visit to algeria is just for a period you can export your car on Tomporary admision basis.

if any other information needed don't hesitate to contact me

Hi there,

Looking to buy and ship my car from the USA to Algeria. Could you please help with that?

Thank you.

@Chabane AIT ZEGAGH hey can you please give me some details of how to contact you for more information on that. Vehicle from UK to algeria for permanent use due to moving to algeria for good. Thanks

Hello Sir

is there anyway I can contact you by phone or Email for more Details about the shipping cost and process. As an Algerian with American citizenship I'm planning to ship my car to Algeria during my vacation ( temporary)

Hello boumedienelouis,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that contact details should not be posted on the forum.

You can ask the person to send such information via the private messaging system.

Is it something that can be discussed on the forum that you would like to ask? Feel free to do it here, you will be surprised to see the numbers of replies you may get.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team