Looking for work

Hello there Hoi An, my name is Ben. I currently traveling through Vietnam and am loving everything about it! Would love to find a job and stay. I will be in Hoi An the next 4 days looking for work and enjoying the beautiful city. I've been in the service industry for 20yrs and would love a job at a fun local bar or helping people to learn English. I'm fun, reliable and flexible! Please hit me up with any advice or tips! Thanks so much.

Ask yourself "What can I do that the local people cannot do or cannot do with full proficiency."  The oilfield guys seem to do OK, as do some in IT.  As far as a bartender job, you may have to open your own expat bar.  Maybe there is something for you at one of the international chain hotels on the beach strip just south of Da Nang, particularly if you have worked for one of the same firms before.  The usual local drinking mode not a bar per se but a place with seafood, and mini chairs and tables with service by 18 year old cuties.  They are addressed by customers as "em ơi" meaning "my dear" or "sweetheart" and are paid almost nothing.  I don't think you fit that mold.

Find that sweet spot and you can do OK, but avoid competing head to head with locals in the labor market.

Thanks for the info:) I appreciate all the help I can get! If I have to head back to the states and put more money away as well as become a bit more informed. Then that's what I'll do and come back with my Danang beach penguins in a row!
Also a teaching certificate!