How to make friends in Zurich

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Zurich :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Zurich??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Check out the local chamber of commerce for information.
There are many expats from all over the world living there. Sure they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Fernando

hi,
i'm Shakila and i would like to make friends in Zurich. Actually , my husband and i are planning to migrate to switzerland and i would like to make friends there.

I have no answers I'm still trying!!

join Toastmasters or other American social / sports club in Zürich, you probably find some local people in the club.

There are several topics here on the forum of people that want to make friends! So I'd suggest somebody takes things in hand and organize an Expat.com meet-up!

- Create a new topic with a specific title such as [Expat.com meet-up + the date]
- choose a theme (like a picnic in a parc, or an excursion somewhere, or whatever)
- fix a date and time (not to near as to let people organize themselves)
and see what will happen!

(I'm always asking enrolment by private message) and I compile a list of participants....

More and more country forums are organizing same here on Expat.com and are getting more and more success!

Hope this will help

Arlette

Its not very difficult to make friends if you are keen to make some great friends.
The best way to know people is to join more activites. Infact Expat.com is a great social networking site and there are many more too...
I made friends as i came t Zurich by attending a greman class that where you meet more expats and then i started many other activities like dancing swimming hiking and came to know many people.Try that out...