MOVING TO ZANZIBAR TANAZANIA

HOW CAN I SET UP A MODERATE BUSINESS AND GET MY RESIDENCE VISA IN ZANZIBAR, TANZANIA

Hi,
My name is Gerald Chris, I am Nigerian by nationality and currently I base in Alexandria Egypt. I want to migrate to Zanzibar in Tanzania based on suggestions from my friend who is a Tanzanian, but he has limited knowledge of procedures of settling down.
Therefore I came here to see if anyone can give me a general idea on cost of living and security and how i can set up a small business (Retail Shop) in Zanzibar,
and also how can i get a residence visa

Hi Gerald,

Cost of living can be fairly cheap if you live from the fresh local produce. You can also get a flat/apartment for around $200 - $400 per month in Stonetown payable 6 monthly to a year in advance. You will need a work permit and then your residence permit. Also a TIN number. That is for tax purposes. Getting your permits is not really difficult but to set up your shop could be challenging. To find the correct location and then they will do a survey to see if that is not in competition to current shop owners in that area. Good luck!

Thanks for your advises,
But about the Permit ?
You mentioned Work Permit and Resident Permit, what are the differences and what are the exact procedures i will pass through to get it?
Please reply me
Thank You