Living cost in Dublin - Ireland

Hi,
Do anyone here used to live in Dublin - Ireland ?
I am finding the Job in Dublin, but I do not know how much my salary can afford the life there.
Looking forward your advice

Hi Kim and welcome on expat.com,

That would highly depend of your expectations and your experience and skills as well.
Rental costs in Dublin is very expensive to a point that you'd better buy if you think  you'll stay long term than renting. Otherwise you'd have no other choice than sharing.

Rental 1 bedroom  house/apartement can go from 1100€ to 2200€ in Dublin, depending how close to city  centre you're looking for.

Sharing will be from  350€ to 700€  depending how close you 'd like to settle from city  centre.

You  can expect to spend  something like 200~300€ for food monthly (might be cheaper depending what you eat and where you shop but that is a fair estimation  based on the fact you would not eat the same thing everyday like pasta and potatoes ha ha ;-)

I'd say ideally at least 33k€ which is the cap of the first big tax layer, so you'd make  something like  2300€ net a month. If you do sharing, you'd have decent amount of money left to spend quite often for any outdoor activities. It's probably manageable at 25k€ but lower than that, I think that could potentially be a struggle and lots of compromises would occur.

Of course higher than that you'd be in better situation ^^

Best of luck.

Thanks & Kind regards,

Portgas D.  Ace
(R.)

PS: Thumbs up always appreciated if you did find the post helpful :)

what you working at?
port gas got it covered there pretty much

sanbo

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your advice. But the employer said I must to do the working visa myself. But its really hard and costly for me to do that. So I can not move to Dublin.

Thank you so much for all your help