Good Salary Range

Hi all

Trust you all are well. Just wanted some feedback with regards to average to good salary ranges. I have been offered 30k which comes to 2500 a month and with the 40% deduction for the first 3 months its a total of 1500.

Would this be reasonable and will I be able to live on this package?

Thanks

Jaylene

A Google search for salary ranges will give you the information.
For cost of living try www.numbeo.com

JBurger wrote:

Hi all

Trust you all are well. Just wanted some feedback with regards to average to good salary ranges. I have been offered 30k which comes to 2500 a month and with the 40% deduction for the first 3 months its a total of 1500.

Would this be reasonable and will I be able to live on this package?

Thanks

Jaylene

To answer your question we need more information. Are you single, married? Do you have to support your partner or kids?

Assuming you're single then 30k gives a monthly disposable income of €2,096. That's a decent salary for one person if you don't want to rent a luxurious place. If you're sharing then even better. Food should come to about €150 a month if you don't go overboard with the alcohol - that's probably the most expensive item in Ireland.

In terms of salary range, without knowing your job title and industry there's no way this can be answered. If it's customer service then it's a very good salary, if you're in finance or software sales I'd say it's on the lower end. Those are the industries I know roughly the ranges of btw :)

Morgan McKinley publishes an annual salary and benefits survey covering all the industries in Ireland. It's worth checking out:
http://www.morganmckinley.ie/about/2015 … y-benefits

Not sure what you mean with 40% deduction in the first three months? Most people get emergency taxed in the first month because the salary gets paid before Revenue can process the tax certificate. But that doesn't take too long and I never got emergency taxed because mine was processed real quick (lucky me!). Also, depending on the month you start your job there's a good chance you won't pay any tax for a few months since you get tax credits for the whole year even if you start working in July. That happened to me and for the first three months I got the gross salary as my net :)

Hi

Thanks so much for this. It is helping me with my choice in options

The cost of accommodation in Ireland is massive, there's currently a national housing crisis.

Be prepared for accommodation expenses taking up half of your net salary after taxes.

Thank you all for the feedback. With regards to the percentage of deduction I got that off the net somewhere so i am pleased to hear what it really is. Accommodation seems to be a hurdle I will need to look into but now I can plan. Thanks guys.