Cost of living

I'm moving abroad and considering Ireland, but I worry about the cost of living.   I wonder if anyone would be willing to give the  rough high low range for apt, Internet, meals. 
or
,an overall estimate of Cost of Living is fine too.

Hello moirawalsh,

A new topic has been created on the Dublin forum with your post for more visibility.

I would suggest that you have a look at these two articles find out more about the prices of accomodation and internet:

- Accommodation in Dublin
- Connecting to the internet in Ireland

All the best  :)

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

In addition to the information provided by Diksha, the Numbeo website provides detailed, itemised costs for many regions and places around the world; this link will take you straight to the details they provide for Dublin.

My own personal experience of living and working in Dublin is that accommodation is at a premium and the cost of living there is very high.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

moirawalsh wrote:

I'm moving abroad and considering Ireland, but I worry about the cost of living.   I wonder if anyone would be willing to give the  rough high low range for apt, Internet, meals. 
or
,an overall estimate of Cost of Living is fine too.

I see they moved your thread under the Dublin forum.

Don't know if you've ever visited the Emerald Isle, but I'd personally avoid Dublin for "living".

Remembering from on of your Vietnam posts about your plan to travel for contract work, I would personally either live way outside the big city, maybe in or near Navan or Slane (near Newgrange) County Meath, and only use the airport in Dublin. Or (my personal preference) live on the west coast and fly in and out of Shannon.

Otherwise, I only know enough about Ireland to want to return.