Advice on english classes

Hi all,

I'm looking for english classes in london, in the center. I've seen some schools in the web that are not very expensive, like Callan or Malvern House, but a friend told me the quality is not very good in those because of the teachers, and that it's only cheap if you pay like 6 months in advance. Somebody I met told me about HC-London which is in piccadilly, and she seemed like he really liked it. Anyone can give me some information on those, and if he really learnt english there? I really need to improve my spoken english!

Thanks ;)

Hi Carlos,

I think I can give you good advice, since I've been to two of those schools you mention ;) What you say about Callan is true, it was the first place I went to when I arrived in London and I was very dissapointed: the classes were soooo boring, like when you can tell that the teachers don't give a damn, but I had paid for 3 months in advance so I had to stay. After that I went to hc-london and it was so much better: it's a small school but the classes were very good and the teacher really cared for me to learn. I'm very happy I made the change.

So I dont know about other schools, but if you want something around Piccadilly my recommendation is: go to hc-london!

Ey, thanks for the advice. I joined it and I'm very happy: the classes are fun, they organize evenings with english people, and my teacher sent my CV to some jobs. It seems the teacher has started this business and she puts a lot of effort. The school is small but there are not too many students. I also recommend it.

Thanks!