STIB Season Pass for children of 12-20 age group

Hi all.

Living in Brussels with family the past 2 years.

I wanted to ask about the annual pass for school children for travel on the Brussels network of metro, tram and bus.

My child, after reaching 12 years in age, had taken the STIB annual pass of 120 euros the first time.
It was supposed to be 50 euros the next year, and then free from the third year till the the age of 24.
Tiil the age of 12, it was free travel on the Brussels network.

But now, STIB is asking for a renewal fee of 120 euros again for the same pass after the first year.

Have I got it wrong somewhere or have the rules changed ?

Could anyone shed some light on this question of mine, "alsjeblieft" ?

Regards.

I'm not sure where you have understood the STIB student season tickets are the prices you quote.

For the past 2 years at least, the STIB area (not MTB) student season tickets for 12-18 year olds have been 50 euro each student, free for the 3rd and subsequent child in that age group, so a family will pay either 50 euro or 100 euro max for their student children aged 12-18 (24 if at a Belgian university).

It have NEVER been free for the 3rd year of purchase.  In 2014 the STIB student season ticket was 120 euro, in 2015 the decision was made to lower the price to 50 euro and that is the price it has remained since.

The best way to buy student season tickets is to buy them online. You register every MOBIB card in a family and if they are aged 12 to 18, automatically it will show the cost at 50 euro per child. If you do happen to have 3 or more children eligible, there is an additional condition that the free issues have to be done in the same calendar year as the purchases of the other 2 50 euro tickets.

Who exactly is demanding at STIB you pay 120 euro? It does not correspond to any season ticket cost.

Info in French (you can swap to Dutch but not English) here.
http://www.stib-mivb.be/article.html?_g … 2&l=fr

Hello.
Thank you for the information.  :)

I think I may have misread the free travel for the 3rd child as free travel from the 3rd year.

But I had paid 120 euros in July 2015 at the De Brouckere kiosk for my child's first subscription when
he turned twelve.

Tot ziens  :top:

Regards.

The change of price from 120 euro to 50 euro happened in 2015, as I said.
I have checked the accounts I keep and indeed at the beginning of 2015 I had to pay to renew one child at 120 euro, by the end of 2015 the new price had kicked in of 50 euro. I paid to renew again in 2016 at 50 euro and I will pay again to renew in 2017 at 50 euro.

Expect your next renewal in ? May 2017 to be 50 euro, as stated on the STIB website, I won't be too pleased myself if I find the price increases again, but it is quite a bargain to pay such a small price.