QA Job market in Germany

Hi All,

My name is Pavan and coming to Frankfurt on Feb 27th 2017 with Job seeker visa. I would be starting my job trials on Manual and Automation testing.

Can some one please suggest me the ideal state in Germany for my job search? Also, i would like to know the job market for QA field in IT industry.

Thanks!
Pavan

To maximise your chances of finding a job, your should search Germany-wide, unless you have a personal preference for any city or region.

Thank you for the update Beppi. since i do not have much idea about Germany, i am just landing at Frankfurt. but, as you suggested, i would move to any state based on job postings.

If possible, could you please suggest me the QA Job market ratio at Germany?

What is a "QA Job market ratio"?

QA Job market ratio -
1. How is the competition for manual and Automation testers in software IT industry?
2. How much is the minimum wages we can expect for 6-7 years profile?
3. How many jobs would be posted on Daily/weekly/monthly basis?
4. Is German language mandatory for Manual/Automation testing?

I do not know much about the IT industry, thus can only reply in general:
1. You'd compete with all similarly skilled EU citizens, who need to be hired first (by law). Thus you must concentrate on your niche skills that are not common in Europe.
2. This depends largely on your education, how well the work experience fits the job requirements, and of course your negotiation skills. That said, as a foreigner you'd probably earn less in the beginning than comparable locals. If I were you, I'd ask for EUR3500-4000/month if they ask.
3. No idea, but you can find it out yourself by checking the usual online job boards.
4. Yes, German language is required for most jobs. Only those with no customer contact and minimal interaction with colleagues are possible without.

Hi Pavan
Can you please share your experience as a qa job seeker in germany? Also if possible, can you share your motivation letter and other documents asked by Embassy? Also which kind of questions were asked to you by Embassy person while they interviewed you. I hope till now you got job in Germany as QA because I was searching in lots of sites for qa position in germany and i saw lots of opening for QA automation testing specific in selenium, java or python and cucumber. I used glassdoor and indeed job sites for searching jobs in germany. I am planning to apply for job seeker visa by this month so I am searching more details. I hope you will share details regarding your job seeking and interview and documents details.
Best of luck
Thanks
Dev