Best Gynaecologist in muscat

Hi,
Can anyone please suggest me a senior Gynae who can deal in high risk pregnancy in muscat. I have consulted nearly 4 doctors from big hospitlals like Appollo, Al Raffa, Atlas, Kims and all of them seem to be of no use. These doctors sorry to say have basic knowledge and misdiagnosed my case. Need Advice or atleast contacts of highly skilled and proffesional gynaecologist who deal in complicated pregnancy. Would really appreciate if somebody can throw some light on the same as Im pregnant and going through rough time in muscat.

Hi soniad_1982,

I totally and completely agree with your assessment of the quality of the gynecologists and for that matter even all the other doctors in general here in Oman.

Yes, the standards of medical services available across the Sultanate is really very poor compared to a country like, say, India for example. That is why for medical issues requiring more serious treatments, most Omanis head to places like India and Thailand, and the more affluent westwards to get themselves treated professionally.

The fundamental issue here is medical services across all the private polyclinics and hospitals barring none are viewed purely as a money spinning business. Doctors have their steep monthly targets to be met.
There are other discussions on the same subject in this forum which you can refer to for details.

So coming back to our query, if you are serious about getting professionally treated, my only advice is for you to go home.

Come back only after your safe delivery.

All the best.

@ Sumitran Thank you for your reply I would have done the same and gone back long time ago however due to travel restrictions I cannot even do that. Due to my condition Im not allowed air travel as the air pressure can deteriorate my situation. Im in a fix. I have gone through all the previous post and most of them are very old information and some of the doctors mentioned are no longer in muscat. The Most famous once have gone to Royal hospital which layman cannot access. Dont know what to do and where to go.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Regarding your high-risk pregnancy, unfortunately only government hospitals have the best treatment plan. Although I have heard that Badr Al Sama has good OBGYNs (as per my friends).

If it's cumbersome to travel back to your country, I suggest that you go to any local private clinic/hospital such as Badr Al Sama or Burjeel hospital and follow-up there. If you are not satisfied, then I would suggest that you request one of the OBGYNs to refer you to Sultan Qaboos University Hospital (SQUH) or Royal Hospital. SQUH has a high-risk pregnancy team of doctors and if your case reaches them, they will contact you for follow-up.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Did you try Dr Maheshwari in Atlas Ghubra? She is really good I've heard.

Hi arya_12,

can you recommend the concerned Doctor in the Muscat business directory please?

Thanks.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

Tried doing it but didn't understand how to..

Hello arya_12,

Please navigate to the Add a business in Muscat section, choose the ''Recommend a service'' tab and fill in the the required fields with proper information regarding the concerned doctor.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

Atlas Hospital now name changed to nmc, still dr Maheswari there , pls reply. Thank u

Hi. One of my friend is following with Dr. Jikmik Rupalee in Kims hospital for his wife's complicated pregnancy. He said she is really good and has diplomas from Germany. Friend's wife is going to deliver her child next week. You may try.

Hi Everyone,

In Oman, especially Muscat we have Dr Shahnaz W Senior consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist in Starcare hospital Seeb Muscat. She is an outstanding gynaecologist having excellent expertise in high risk and low risk pregnancy management. I personally had my pregnancy journey ended up with safe delivery with her. I was having high risk pregnancy and things were so critical but she took the best possible pre natal care and delivered my low weight baby, 2.2 kg, very safely Alhamdulillah. My baby is 2 years now and perfectly fine. I had an excellent experience with her morally, emotionally, mentally and personally. She is very kind and very understanding. Her on spot vigilant decision making makes her distinguished among all gynaecologists. Even my close friend too had her pregnancy journey with Dr Shahnaz Wasti and ended up with safe delivery.

So I strongly recommend to consult Dr Shahnaz W for your safest pregnancy journey as she is foreign qualified and lies among the top gynaecologists in Oman. You can blindly trust in her for yourself and your coming baby.

I hope by sharing my personal experience you will be quite satisfied and have selected your gynaecologist, Dr Shahnaz W, Senior consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist in Starcare hospital Seeb Muscat.

Hello Mariam,

Thank you, however it will be much better if you recommend her in the Muscat business directory. You can pen down all her details.

This thread is old and I am closing it.

Regards,

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed