Anti HCV positive but treated and now RNA negative...GAMCA

Hello everyone

I live in England. In 2004 had found that I was HCV positive. After a year treatment with Ribavirine and Ribavinole was treated and cured from HCV having RNA negative.

That means that the thread is over plus that I cannot transfer the virus.
It is just that I have antibodies like somebody would have after passing chicken pox.
Not long ago I have a job offer in Oman. Wanted to ask you if is possible to take working visa. I need to pass the GCC test (GAMCA) but it will show that my anti-HCV will be positive because of my antibodies in HCV.  I know that they are following the Elisa Method but in similar situation won't they have to check it with RNA?

Are in the certified centers known of this matter?Will I b able to be commented as Fit?

How I could handle this matter? The Doctor whom I was following  wills to give me a certificate that proves my therapy and my treatment plus the negative RNA results.

I am afraid I ll b in Oman and be without a job finally after not be able to pass the GCC test

Warm Regards
Thank you in advance.

http://www.hivtravel.org/Default.aspx?P … ntryId=138

Doesn't look good for your case.

What do u mean?

Is HCV not hiv! Please check thoroughly and give specific answer. Is not a game...

I copied up the wrong link - There goes a busy morning for you.

https://abdulrahmanasim.wordpress.com/g … -dr-khoja/

3. Blood:
3-a – A complete blood picture shall be made on condition that the results should be
within the normal limits, and that hemoglobin percent should not be less than
10g/100ml.
3-b- A film shall be taken for malaria to make sure that it does not exist.
3-c- Necessary analysis shall be carried out so as to know the percentage of sugar in
blood, which should not exceed the normal level.
4. Serology should include:
a- Ascertaining that applicant is not suffering from HIV infection through Elisa test, and
results of this test must be “Non reactive”.
b- HBsAg and Anti-HCV results should be “Negative”.
c- Liver functions tests: SGPT & SGOT results should be within normal level.
d- Kidney function test (creatinine) results should be within normal averages.

So not a possibility you think?

Bigger question. A lot of the sites are also saying the rules are being relaxed  quite a lot.

Thanx in which site?

Could u tell me the sites to check my self? I tried to reach centers but non of these give a clear answer....

Thanks Fred! I finally get to see the source of many heart breaks from the medical tests.

what was the result in your case, can you please update the experience?

I have also same problem

Any luck in passing GAMCA in your condition ?

Hello draveendrakumar,

Do you have any links to official sources for this information?

Thank you

Djameel
Expat.com Team
He is correct.  I have posted these before.  GAMCA guidelines:

The test for HCV, Hep B and HIV in GAMCA (and practically all GCC countries) is ALWAYS looking for antibodies and not viral load. They are not concerned about whether you are having a high viral load now but rather, whether you have ever had the virus (as that will always remain in the blood even when you stabilize).  If that test is positive, you will be marked as UNFIT. 

If you skip GAMCA e.g. you come here on a visit visa, do the medical here and try to convert to a work visa; in all countries except UAE, you will be marked as UNFIT and deported.  UAE doesn't test for HCV anymore but GAMCA does for the UAE.

In my case in oman, HCV (Elisa) is positive. They advised me to do the PCR and if result will be ''not detected'' then i will be granted woth work visa.

thanks if someone has this experienced already or any confirm information?

Hi,

My wife is applying for dependent visa for Saudi Arabia. During GAMCA test, it is found that Viral Load Factor is 14. GAMCA center is not specifying which Viral Load is this and also not giving FIT certificate despite having HIV, HCV, non reactive. Kindly advise how to proceed to get FIT GAMCA report.

Viral load in GAMCA is for Hep B, HIV and HCV.   And if you are positive in any of those, they will not give FIT.  You can re-test if you think there was an error.

@XTang

Thanks. Any solution to reduce this to zero?

Viral load can be zero. Gamca tests for antibody which will always be positive. So no.