Property prices in Romania

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Romania is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Romania?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

I currently live in a rented villa near arena nationale. I love the neighborhood and the rent price is excellent!!! but the owner is old and was hospitalized so i am worried a little about my contract...i just renewed it in November  and was looking to buy something but as i understand as an expat i buy the building but not allowed to own the land it sits on. Anyway i still love it here

Depends what kind of foreigner you are. If you have (or can get) an EU passport, you can own the land as well. If you've lived here long enough (8 years I think) you can apply for a Romanian citizenship and own the land. If none of those are possible, you can set up a company and buy the land in the company name (and the house in your own name), although that means some additional costs (company set up costs, yearly accountancy, some tax even thought the company is dormant).