Good and bad areas to live in Bucharest.

Hi, I'm moving to Bucharest next month (October)

I'm told sector 1 is a nice area, Are there areas I should avoid moving to?

I am looking for an area with bars, restaurants a park and a gym.

Thank you in advance for the information.

James

Sector 1 is a very good place where to move.IWill be fine to find a place clise to Old Town,is the place where you can go for nice bars and restaurants.Send me a message if you need more info .Byee!

Public transport and taxis are very reasonable in Bucharest, and the city isn't that big, so don't worry too much about being close to bars: wherever you are in Bucharest, the old town (which has street after street of bars, cafes and restaurants) will only be a couple of euros away by taxi.

Sector 1 is considered the 'posh' part of town but every sector has its good and bad parts, so visit the area before you commit to renting.

Assuming you're coming here for work, and if you intend to drive to work, this should probably be the deciding factor when it comes to location. Car ownership in Bucharest is much higher than in other European cities and rush hour congestion is pretty dire. If you want to drive to work, make sure you're reasonably close otherwise you could be spending 2-3 hours a day in traffic.