Telmex Phones and SIM Cards

Have a telcel phone from San Miguel de Allende but going to be in PV for two months. Do I need to get a new SIM card for local PV calls?

Thanks for your advice.

Your plan or pay-as-you-go refills should get you service to anywhere in Mexico at no additional charge.  Double check, just in case.  The SIM itself is good anywhere in Mexico.

I had a Telcel phone up to a year ago and had no problem anywhere in Mexico.

Thank you.

Cheers

Sheri

I did a quick look on Telcel's website.  You have coverage to all of Mexico plus US and Canada for talk and text at no additional cost..  You may even be able to make calls from those 3 countries to any of the others.  that last is not clear from their website.

thank you very much for your help.  Enjoy the lovely weather. We are just getting our first bite of winter.

Sheri and Brian

gudgrief wrote:

I did a quick look on Telcel's website.  You have coverage to all of Mexico plus US and Canada for talk and text at no additional cost..  You may even be able to make calls from those 3 countries to any of the others.  that last is not clear from their website.

Nothing is clear on the Telcel web site. Once you find a page with tariffs, bookmark it as you will never find that page again. Telcel has more tariff options than Nashville has guitar pickers.

joaquinx wrote:
gudgrief wrote:

Nothing is clear on the Telcel web site. Once you find a page with tariffs, bookmark it as you will never find that page again. Telcel has more tariff options than Nashville has guitar pickers.

Two clicks once I brought up telcel.com.

http://www.telcel.com/personas/telefoni … sin-limite

There are more tariff selection than this. Find them all.

joaquinx wrote:

There are more tariff selection than this. Find them all.

Not on your life.  It answers the original question.

Hi,I have a Telcel phone under Amigo plan. If you have the same then it will work anywhere in Mexico, Canada or the USA. The cost from Mexico to Mexico, Canada or the USA is 0,0142 pesos per second. Link for your phone is  https://www.mitelcel.com/mitelcel/login if you don't have your password select "olvidé mi contraseña" they will send a text message with a new one. Beware of the Telcel office within stores like Coppel they will try to sell you a plan or new sim card. I used my Telcel phone in Canada roaming the total cost Washington 3 pesos a minute.

Adios GyC