Flight to Ba. Can I leave airport and visit during transit?

Hi every one :)
I m a singel young girl and coming to Ba soon. My question is about airport rules in Europe. the flight has a 6 hr stop in Attena and another one has a stop in KBP. Can I have a short visit from the town during stop? They allow me to live the airport? This is Okrainian airline.
This is my first trip abroad. So, I would be thankful if you share information regatds good flight ftom Tehran, Iran To Ba, Slovakia.
Also I m interested to find a friend and can talk about living expences in Ba and Slovak culture ;)
Best regards

Whether or not you can leave the secure area of the airport in Athens or Kiev depends on what visa(s) you have.  Without knowing this, it's hard to answer you correctly.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Dear Romaniac,
Thaanks so much for the reply. I will recieve a temporary residence allowa for Slovakia. Indeed, I'm comming to BA for 1 year. So what would be the rules?

Sahar

skooshki wrote:

Dear Romaniac,
Thaanks so much for the reply. I will recieve a temporary residence allowa for Slovakia. Indeed, I'm comming to BA for 1 year. So what would be the rules?

Sahar

Unfortunately it doesn't clarify anything.  What visa are you traveling with to get to Slovakia?  This is what determines your possibilities; not what residence card you will hold after arrival :)

I had an Embassy interview 2 weeks ago, and I applyed for ''temporary residence'' for comming to Slovakia and living there for 1 year. But, It is not issued yet.  As the Slovak embassy officer told me, because I would be in SK for more than 90 days, there is no need to shingen visa or any other kind of vissa to apply for. It is all that I know about visa type. Maybe I should call the Embassy and ask from them?
Regards
Sahar

skooshki wrote:

I had an Embassy interview 2 weeks ago, and I applyed for ''temporary residence'' for comming to Slovakia and living there for 1 year. But, It is not issued yet.  As the Slovak embassy officer told me, because I would be in SK for more than 90 days, there is no need to shingen visa or any other kind of vissa to apply for. It is all that I know about visa type. Maybe I should call the Embassy and ask from them?
Regards
Sahar

I'm pretty sure you're confused here.  Temporary Residence permits are only issued by the police once you arrive in country, not at the embassy.  If you intend to stay more than 90 days, you likely had to have applied for a D category long stay visa.  Please verify with the embassy exactly what it was that you applied/interviewed for.

If you are awaiting a D long stay visa for Slovakia, that will not allow you to visit Athens on your stopover, nor Kiev (Ukraine is not part of the EU anyway, you would need a visa to enter there under any circumstance.)

Even once you have a residence permit, you will still require a visa to visit most if not all other EU countries, though it should be a faster process.

Dear Romaniac,
Thanks so much for the clear explanation. Afther recieveing the temporary residence permit I could have short trip to Vienna or Germanny through it? For example for the weekend or I would need to vissa for it?
Thank you :)
Sahar

skooshki wrote:

Dear Romaniac,
Thanks so much for the clear explanation. Afther recieveing the temporary residence permit I could have short trip to Vienna or Germanny through it? For example for the weekend or I would need to vissa for it?
Thank you :)
Sahar

Hi Sahar, I answered that question in the last sentence of my reply ;)