Furniture stores?

Hi all,
I am moving in October and have been looking online for furniture stores in Malta. I am looking for stores similar to ikea, cheap and cheerful, assemble yourself kinda stuff. Anyone have any suggestions or online shops that ship? Thanks X
** Mainly I am looking to buy a toddler bed and shelving units **

Mainly I am looking to buy a toddler bed and shelving units **

Hi
you could try BDI in Qormi - www.homesbybdi.com or on facebook as BDI Malta.
Otherwise just google furniture Malta - there are dozens!
Whereare you moving to?   Let us know if you need any help or advice with anything.
Michael

Lots of these kind of shops, best you check the ads on Hotspot, Voucher or Bargain Magazine

And several who will bring you stuff from Italy ikea.

Hi manda10, most local hardware stores sell diy shelving, normal you order from a catalogue ( as they do not have the space)and then they will tell when it will be in then you pay and our local one then delivers. Also in Sliema  there is a Mothercare but most areas have at least one baby/toddler shop. Just google or use Malta yellow pages. :)  good luck in your move.

Thanks all, lots of good websites and shops to check out!
@mikesage Moving to Maraskala, very excited!

Hi we moved to Marsascala at the end of July with our 9 & 2 year old.  There's a mothercare about 10 minutes away in Fgura :-)

Thank you Vikki! Hope you're loving Malta. My son is 2 as well, would be great to meet for a play x

We sure are, so far so good! That would be great Noah's loving it here but definitely missing his friends.. Where are you moving from? X

You can order Ikea stuff from here.  There is a company called Holland-Malta.com.  Order anything from Ikea (prices are as the Dutch Ikea website) and they'll deliver it straight to your door.  There is a charge of 25% whatever you order which does seem a bit steep but sometimes it still works out cheaper than buying stuff here.

I have used them a few times - practically kitted out my entire apartment with Ikea from them.  Really good service.

maltashopper.com for ikea from Italy is cheaper than that, used them once, turned out all right

Oo thanks for the tip.  Might give them a bash next time.  See how they compare.

Nowadays having new furniture is not that expensive. Unlike a long time ago where the furniture are made of heavy, expensive wood, we now have a lot of materials that are of great quality. Steel is one of the greatest materials that we have discovered that can be used for home furniture. This is wonderful information for us because even though we have furniture in our home, we usually want to be up to date with the latest designs and styles and constantly, we change and buy new furniture. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no external link please

@SarahdGonzales: I don't think this post - written by an Australian in Canada - is particularly helpful for Malta, is it? And judging from what I've seen when checking out apartments to rent, the Maltese still seem to love their heavy wooden furniture...

SarahdGonzalez wrote:

we usually want to be up to date with the latest designs and styles and constantly, we change and buy new furniture. ***

Really?  You don't want to just buy furniture that you like and that will last?  Style and latest design is honestly the very last thing I ever think of when buying furniture.

99% of the time it becomes dated very quickly and you end up spending more money.

Over here you need furniture that will last and not something that rusts easily.