Advise please

I lived then moved from kenya to England 30 years ago, I am returning for a a period of time because a very close member of family living alone there has passed away and I am going there to sort everything on my own. I was hoping someone can advise me about the best means to call back the UK with a good rate (other than skype or internet, I need telephone communication), as I am leaving a business behind here and will need to be in contact most of the time. I would be grateful if someone can send me an email or reply on the blog.
Kind regards to all.

Anu

First, deeply sorry for your loss. 

I rarely call the UK nor Europe so my answer may not be so accurate...

The cheapest mean would be Skype or VoIP through Internet, but then again you need to have a good Internet connection and it is not the case in Kenya.

Another way would be to get a mobile phone from either Safaricom, Zain or Telkom-Orange and enquire at each office about their prices for international calls.  Like in my case, I am on Zain and when I add a special number before an internetional number, the call is made in VoIP through the provider and therefore I pay little compared to market price.

Otherwise, an ultime solution, is to get Telkom calling card specially made for International call.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Peperuka

i agree with peperuka, but if you really want to save there is a place in Highridge called Diamond Plaza - any cab guy in westlands will know it - just go there - they have some booths / shops that offer really really cheap calls overseas...
but my advice would be to use Telkom kenya / skype