In retrospect, would you move again to Germany?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Germany, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Germany so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

I liked moving to Germany so much that I did it three times so far - and that despite being born here, too!  :D
But seriously, in my opinion the biggest advantages of life in Germany are the very high living standard, the variety the country offers in terms of lifestyles and possibilities, and the chance for a comfortable life without substantial worries.

Overall, I would move to Germany again, and in fact I was planning to do so about 2-3 years ago.  Unfortunately, Germany criminalizes homeschooling and persecutes those that want to educate their children.  So any plans to move back have been wiped off the table.  I'll have to settle for short trips now and then.

Romaniac

I lived in Germany for 15-years and still have many friends living there; after Holland, it would be my next favourite country.

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : off topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct