Help please! Im a Filipina and is engaged to a Hungarian.

HELLO Everyone!

I'm a Filipina and currently here in Philippines. I have a Hungarian boyfriend which is working in London. We are planning to get marry in HU as soon as possible. What are the better ways to do?

*What are the requirements?
*How long will it takes for me to process the visa to go to HU to have our marriage there?
*Should I bring one of my parent to marry?
*If we are married, how long will it takes me to get my HU citizenship? Does it mean my Filipino citizenship will be dissolve?
*Can I visit him in London? Or live with him there?
*Can we get marry in London instead of HU?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your answers will be a big help for us.

Sorry many of your questions have been asked and answered on this forum in the past.
Read through the long list of answers, some people have posted a few good links with good info.
I will tell you my son married in HU but he was a dual citizen and his wife a Hungarian.
It took months to get married still, had to register and wait.
Had to prove they were not married to anyone still.
The more documents on your birth, schooling anything the better.
His wife had a church wedding planned and my son had to take 2 or 3 months of lessons before the church would allow him to marry inside their building.
As it turned out in the end they only did the civil ceremony which still as a long wait time.
You will not become a HU citizen just because you are married to a HU. I have been married for nearly 42 years to a HU citizen and only live in HU with a resident permit. You will have to pass a HU language test and wait years to apply for HU citizenship.
Some countries only allow for one citizenship and others don't, depends on your home country if you must give up citizenship there or not if you become a HU citizen. The US and HU allow for dual citizenship.
Good luck, ring up the Hungarian Embassy and ask them where to start.

Ooh. That stressed me out. But thank you so much for this Maam! Atleast I got an idea. :)

Hi! I have Hungarian fiancé, we are planing to get  married in Thailand, is the marriage in Thailand is legal there in hungary, and where he can take the capacity of marriage or affirmation to marry?

The general rule is that a marriage validly performed in one country is valid world-wide.

However, there will be various times in your life when you will have to show documents to prove your marriage. For example, if you are married in Thailand and need to prove your marriage to a government official in Hungary, you'll probably have to have your Thai marriage document translated into Hungarian then certified by a string of officials in Thailand, including the Hungarian embassy in Bangkok. It can be a lot of work.

So in deciding where to get married you should keep this in mind.

There is an international convention which simplifies the cross-border use of official documents with a special stamp called the apostille, and the UK, Hungary and (as of last month) the Philippines are all party to this convention. Thailand, however, is not, which means that use of official Thai documents in other countries (and vice versa) remains pretty cumbersome.

zif wrote:

So in deciding where to get married you should keep this in mind. ...

Just to chip in.....

While getting married is a special event, here in Hungary, as far as the government is concerned it's a civil administration matter. 

So perhaps the best (efficient) thing is to have the official (paperwork) marriage here, then have another Thai or whatever ceremony elsewhere. 

This is what they do locally anyway - civil admin, then optional formal activity in a church/temple or whatever with the big party.  But the only one that matters hereabouts is the civil admin.

At least there would not be a burden on you and for the future because all administration would have been done here. All the documents will already be correct for Hungary.

Thanks for the advice☺️ It help me alot

Hello! I am also a Filipina with Hungarian boyfriend. We are planning to let me stay ib Hungary for longer period. How will I able to do that considering we are not married yet?

I would really appreciate all your advice! Thank you so much in advance.

Mitchiko88 wrote:

Hello! I am also a Filipina with Hungarian boyfriend. We are planning to let me stay ib Hungary for longer period. How will I able to do that considering we are not married yet?

I would really appreciate all your advice! Thank you so much in advance.

My dual citizen son married his Japanese wife for just this reason.
I suppose you could see if a fiance visa could extend your stay longer then the 90 days they give on a tourist visa?
Oh, this was in the US not in Hungary but at one time he did bring his ex- HU fiance to the US and I do believe she was able to stay a bit longer then 90 days although they had to swear they would marry within 6 months time.