Advice on finding a sales job in Ho Chi Minh City!

Hi guys!

My name is Sam, I'm a 22 year old male from England and I'm currently working as an English teacher in Ho Chi Minh City. I have been living here for around 8 months now, and I absolutely love it! Before I came to Southeast Asia, I had worked in various different sales environments since I was about 17 years old. I came to Vietnam as I wanted to experience something completely different from my life back home, and living here and teaching English has definitely done that!

I never intended to stay in Ho Chi Minh City for as long as I have, but I have completely fallen in love with this city and this country. Now I have realised I would like to stay here for a long time, I am desperate to get back into the sales field. Sales is my passion and the career I'll pursue for the rest of my life.

I understand that IF there are any jobs available for me, they will be few and far between, as I do not speak (a good level) of Vietnamese. But this is my theory on the matter, there MUST be someone who could benefit from hiring a native English speaker to carry out a sales role. I know I am young and do not have heaps of experience, but I have excelled in all my previous roles, and I could get various references to prove this.

I am a fast learner, with massive drive and I believe if I work with the right people I will produce out-standing results.

I can go into detail on my experience and aspirations, I just felt like this post is already quite long and I didn't want to bore anyone too much haha!

If anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate it so much. If someone would like to meet sometime to discuss this and generally just share stories I would happily buy you lunch.

Thanks for reading,

Sam.

Hi Sam, im now doing my job as a sales staff. Nice to know that you have been working as a salesman too. If you are looking for a part-time job as a salesman, just contact me.

obviously it will depend on what you are selling. as you said, there 'must' be a benefit speaking native English. the only situation is usually international dealings. I'd say your skill sets would mostly benefit companies that are exporting. though get ready to face the competitions with supposedly loads of experience. good luck, keep busy with the networking!

They do exist to a certain extent.

But the salaries are absolute shit!!!

Do yourself a favor and avoid anything sales and comission related here.

Well it depends on the sector.
You can have plenty of opportunities in companies where their customers are foreigners. (Insurance, investments, etc...). They often needs some young sales to support senior sales (Cold call, follow up, etc..)
Or if it's for export.

Good luck with it, but it's definitely doable.

Hi Sam. My company are looking for a saleman. You can contact me if you need more informations.

@Philip_Pham

Please advertise your job offer in the jobs section at the top of this page. It will get much better exposure there.