Electric cuts on North coast/Sosua

Well after a relatively stable period with electricity with hardly any cuts, looks like Eden Norte are starting their irritating cuts again!
Should have known it was too good to last!
All day cut last week and this morning another long cut, came back on late afternoon,off again at around 5,but thankfully only short break that time.
Quite a few other shortish cuts from 30 mins to 2-3 hours during last 2 weeks as well.
Will these people ever get their bloody act together?
Anyone know why this is happening again?

The quick answer is it won't change anytime soon.  Where are you exactly? Some areas are worse then others.

Central Sosua, near Banco Santa Cruz.
Well like I said its been pretty good of late, hardly any cuts for weeks, but now it seems, starting again.
Really one of the most irritating things about living here- and not every place has backup supply, place where I rent dont have one.
Problem is when electric is gone cant do anything,.... means no water, no internet, no cooling fan... no nothing. And of course food melts in freezer box if long cut, so load of wasted money!
Sometimes this country does drive you up the wall.

One option is buy and install an inverter with 2 to 4 batteries. Keeps you with tv internet and fans! Makes life more tolerable.

Have some patience, after all our countries used to have such'brownouts' too.  Sure, that was about 50-100years ago, so given a similar time frame, they might even sort it out here.

HAHAHAHAHA. That was well said.....

Every year we are told they are going to fix the electric problems.....My advice don't hold your breath.

People often forget that we have a combination of two important factors against us: government monopolies and......its Latin America,  so u have to make allowances for such a "perfect storm".

http://www.gegridsolutions.com/press/ge … EPM-GE.htm

The above link is an article from last year telling how GE will be installing 14,000 smart meters starting in Punta Cana and across the country. This will mean less outages and more affordable electric Bill's. I believe the project will take 3 years and it started in 2015. I worked for GE for the last 8 years and was excited for this to be happening in the DR since we plan to retire there in the next 20 months. You give up a lot to live on an Island but you also get to leave a lot of bullshit behind!😎

The recent cuts on the north coast were announced by Ede Norte last week.  Evidently once again Maintenance, however like usual it lasted longer and was more frequent than announced.

And you are right the worst part is the constant on and off is what drive me and our electronics crazy

Bob K

While this is a great effort 14,000  is a drop in the bucket and won't make any difference to the price of electricity here. 1.4 million of these might make a difference.

ThAnks for the link!