New Offer - Current Employer does not Provide NOC

Hi All.

I have been in Riyadh for just over a year. I recently got an offer for a company in Jeddah. I am considering it; except for one small detail. The company I work for currently does not provide an NOC.

Can someone tell me (in very basic terms) what I have to do? Do I have to be out of KSA for some time (some people tell me 1 month, 6 months, 2 years, etc).

Please note, the company i currently work for will do nothing to help with the transition, but also will most likely do nothing to "stop" or hinder the transition (I guess that's both; a good thing and bad thing)

On a side note (Although discussed many times, i'm sure); how is Jeddah compared to Riyadh.

Thanks

Jeddah is the best compared to Rio, no doubt. Keeping that aside.

You mean NOC as in No Objection Certificate? Does your new company in Jeddah need it at any cost?

If you were to leave you'd go on final exit and can come back within a month.

Thank you for your response. Yes, i do mean No Objection Certificate.
I am not sure if they "need it".
I am not even sure who requires it. So, I get a final exit visa (which I saw many of my past colleagues get); I finalize everything here in Riyadh and leave "for good".
Without an NOC:
1. Does the embassy in Canada not allow me to get a work visa until a certain time has elapsed (1 month, 6 months, ever, etc)?
2. Is the new company not able to hire me unless I get an NOC?

To be honest, I am not sure what is the purpose of the NOC (except to move from one company to another without leaving KSA, as for as I know)

Your final exit visa is proof of 'no objection'. If your employer objected to you leaving their company, they wouldn't have given it to you.

Keep a copy of the final exit visa and make a copy of the final exit stamp in your passport as proof of no objection for future employers.

Additionally you could ask your employers for a 'reference' on letter headed paper once it's been agreed that you are leaving. That also meets the purpose of the 'no objection certificate'.

NOC is not for job transfer to another employee. In that case your future employer will issue a demand letter. In response to that your current employer will issue a Release letter on basis of which you would be transferred. So here you are transferring with consent of current employer so no need of an NOC.

NOC has a history and was considered essential several years back if someone wants to go on Final Exit and then want to come back on another work permit within 2 years of leaving Saudi Arabia. If someone wasn't able to get it, he had to wait 2 years at least before coming back again.

Having said this, this requirement was discarded several years before however it took 2-3 years for most embassies to implement. I personally knows few persons who after this law announced left the country to come back on another visa within a month or two but they were shocked to know while trying to stamp new visa that the rule has been announced but not implemented yet. They had to wait either 2 years or till it got implemented. I am not sure about all countries so its always better to get confirmation from amSaudi Embassy in your country.

One more thing to notice. If your previous company finds out you on another visa within a specified time and working for their competitors, they can file a case against you. If they would prove that you might even get another final exit.

Generally it depends on culture of company and your relationship with them while leaving. So its always good to have good relations. You might need need to provide them as references in your next jobs. Also you never know if they might offer you a lucrative package to work for them again...

You must ask your future employer to provide each and everything they would need for you to join them. Some companies need an NOC.

Hope this helps.

Brother you described situation in very detail I was about to leave KSA but after knowing this I postponed my decision new company asked me for safe side take NOC from your current company you may need it while stamping your visa but I am not sure my current company will give me NOC.what should I do now any advice?should I stay in KSA and will wait for profession change starts again.I shall be very thankful if you could help me out.

Dear.

NOC is not required now if you go on Final Exit and your Iqama is cancelled by your Kafeel. But Iqama cancellation is the KEY here. One of my close friend got stuck in his homeland because he went on final exit to come on another visa offered by a new company. When he went to embassy for visa stamping, he found that his current Kafeel hasn't cancelled his Iqama...

So I have to ask my company to cancel my iqama otherwise I will also get struck.if they don't cancel my iqama than I should stay with them until my contract ends.

Ideally, you should stay with them a month or two before your iqama expiry. That's the date, I believe, even if they don't cancel it, it will be cancelled automatically (off-course if you are not renewing).

I asked new company they said they don't need NOC but for safe side you may take it from your employer and I asked agencies in my home country they said no issue if you get final exit your iqama is cancelled automatically and new company HR mamager told me to take exit letter from your company so you may not face any difficulty.lets see what happens hoping for the best.

Dear,
As per letest information valid as of 12th July 2018, saudi embassy in Pakistan asks for NOC... A friend of mine is stuck there. He went on final exit and presented final exit paper as well.
Previous company is not giving NOC.
Important point here is that the content of NOC is yet not clear.
So please make it sure with the agent who shall be handling ur case.
I am also having an offer... Even the new company sent my visa to agent. But i am trapped now.
Wish u best of luck...

But if current company is giving new visa do we still need NOC?bcz my company is going to give me new visa INSHALLAH do I need to take NOC from them or its enough that mu nee visa is from same company.

I think in that case u wont need... But keeping in view the volatile market conditions i would prefer take an NOC with you.
If u r coming back to same company then it wont be a problem for them to give u an NOC...
I would suggest contact concerned agent in ur home country to get a sample NOC and get same from ur company.

Thanks brother for your reply. I will take NOC from mu company.

Aslaam o Alikum brother! were you able to sort out this problem? a friend of mine also went on final exit and now he is stuck there in Pakistan with current employer not providing the NOC letter.

Regards,

Anwar Sohail

AllhamdulillAh I am saved from this situation.I took transfer from my ex employer few months back and as profession change started I changed my profession.

how much time it took to change sponsor and then profession change as I am also thinking of doing this. like how many number of days will it take to change sponsor and then profession change?

I hope my current sponsor will agree, We are in negotiations lets see.

You can change your profession easily now.ask your current employer to change it.it took a week for me.and I changed sponsorship bcz I had new job offer so my employer took almost  two to three months and then I got transfer.

Quick update:-

As of 2 april 23, my new employer asking to take NOC on safer side.

Seems its still valid and you may get stuck if you dont have it.

Iqama transfer is the only key

If current employer don't issue NOC, can I take legal action against them?

Do I have right?

@CANArabia hi,im applying for a tourist visa in canada and this NOC is one of the requirements.and my employer insist to provide.can you give some advice.thanks

@CANArabia hi.may  i ask something.i request an NOC to my employer for my tourist visa to canada and they insist to provide.any advice.

TIA

Dear All,

I left my company in Jeddah with a exit re entry visa but due to personal home unforeseen problems I could not return back to Saudi. It is now four years down the line and got a new offer in Riyaad. Will I encounter any problems applying for work visa?