Zika epidemic

What are your thoughts on this new crisis in Brazil?

I have seen some video's on the international news of the Army spraying in Recife , but it seems like Brazil was really a bit late in the game with this one and caught with it's pants down.

Zika is a long way from being an epidemic. Certainly there are far fewer cases of Zika Virus than there ever will be from Dengue Fever, which is spead by the same mosquito.

I do agree that the government here in Brazil has left the whole thing go for far to long to do a hell of a lot about it now.

See the following topic thread for more:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=560358

Cheers,
James
https://www.expat.com Experts Team

To let the News and the politicians and everyone else have a say it is a epidemic and I agree the powers that be are putting band aids on the Zika. As for now all governments will get serious and we shall see how far it goes with control for I have read that the spraying of the mosquito is not working well and the  released modified mosquitoes are not working well either. Hopefully there is a solution soon

What I mean is exactly that....not taking care of Dengue has lead to this.
I watched a video of the soldiers spraying in Recife Favelas.....it was so futile, the commander was saying how hopeless it is......you just have to look at the environment , long grass , water collecting debris and it never stops raining here in summer....

It may not be a true "epidemic " yet , but it is definitely been portrayed as extremely serious and spreading through the Americas like wildfire by the western media

All the hullabaloo about Zika Virus really is unbelievable. The whole world in a panic like it was Ebola or something.

Think about this for one moment...

In 2015 there were over 1.5 million cases of Dengue in Brazil, there was not a single state that escaped the terrible onslaught of the disease. The disease was responsible for 811 deaths in Brazil alone.

Meanwhile only 18 Brazilian states have registered cases of Zika Virus.  While there are no exact figures on the number of cases of Zika Virus in Brazil we do know that in the whole country there were 739 cases of Microcephalia, not all of them confined to the 18 states that have reported Zika, and not all of them attributed to Zika, but to other causes as well.

If the Brazilian government and the WHO had been as panic stricken over Dengue when it became a real problem decades ago, as they seem to be over Zika Virus now we clearly wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. It may sound cold, that's not my intention, but it's amazing how the thought of birth defects gets everybody worked up into a fever pitch. Did they seem to give a rat's backside when people were dropping like flies all over Brazil because of Dengue? NOT!!!

The only good thing about all this handwringing over Zika and Microcephalia, is that they'll finally start trying to do something serious about the Aedes aegypti problem in this country (and others) and maybe lots of people will be spared death, pain and suffering from Dengue. Will it stop further cases of Microcephalia? No, because there are other causes for that too. Yes, it will reduce the number of cases and that's a noble cause, but if they had taken Dengue anywhere near as seriously it probably would have been wiped out completely, or they maybe would have even have found a vaccine by now.

Don't forget this is the same World Health Organization that tells us to stop eating bacon and other processed meats, because it's such a threat to humanity. Sounds like the organization has been taken over by vegans or lunatics.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

James. Here is an interesting commentary on the hullaballoo. Does it get near the truth of the matter?
http://www.activistpost.com/2016/02/zik … dence.html

I hope that this does not affect the Olympic Games. In NZ there has been reports of looking at not attending by the Olympic team.

Gordon Barlow wrote:

James. Here is an interesting commentary on the hullaballoo. Does it get near the truth of the matter?
http://www.activistpost.com/2016/02/zik … dence.html

OMG, the writer John Rappoport deserves a Pulitzer Prize, he has nailed it!!! If you consider the number of cases of microcephalia in the USA, which is not having a problem with Zika Virus, then you can see there are a certain number of cases that are normal in any population.

The USA has a population of 300 million, well were going to have around 75% as many because the population of Brazil is 216 million.

There never has been a clear link established between ANY of the cases of microcephalia and Zika. Not one single case has been positively traced to the virus. The word "suspected" speaks for itself.

Dengue on the other hand is something that is well known all over the world, the DEATHS that have resulted have been confirmed and directly attributed to the Aedes aegypti mosquito. The Brazilian government and WHO has been ignoring Dengue for years, but now they've jumped on the Zika Virus bandwagon, perhaps something will finally get done about the mosquito.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

stumpy wrote:

I hope that this does not affect the Olympic Games. In NZ there has been reports of looking at not attending by the Olympic team.

Well if the number of trip/hotel cancellations for Carnaval here in Brazil are any indicator it probably will have some effect. Taking a pass on the Olympic Games may be the right thing to do for many reasons:

Serious health risks to aquatic events athletes due to the toxic pollution of Guanabara Bay where the sailing events are scheduled to take place.

Serious problem of violent crime in Rio that has gone unchecked for decades and is currently out of control.

Olympic infrastructure that still is not ready.

The very real threat of some kind of TERRORIST activity in Rio during the games. Not that Brazil is a target, but because all of the other target nations will be represented here.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

All the above is so right on, it is just another blow to the economy, the concerns are all warranted and hopefully there is a saving of grace. What a mess as the reports keep flying on this subject. I find the information above to be good thoughts of the things to come for the crime is outrageous and the infrastructure for the Olympics is haphazard and not complete it is a ball of wax on meltdown. The bay is a hazard and I won't be surprised if other countries elect not to participate and hopefully the venues will be used for the people to use. It is a sad time and I agree this has gotten completely out of control. It's a shame that Brasil is caught in the cross hairs of this debacle. As our governments take a seat and watch this play out and continue to collect the taxes and scare the people, it is all so wrong.

Not that I'm a born skeptic or anything, but all this panic and hoopla coming out of Brazil about Zika Virus has come at the perfect time to take people's minds off all the talk about impeachment of both the President and Vice-President, kicking the Speaker of the House of Representatives out on his butt, the every increasing possibility of ex-President Lula being imprisoned.

Hummmmmmmmmm, could it be just for that???

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Some  interesting new perspective's on Zika....The reports are certainly confusing...some articles trumpet 4000 new cases , but then as you point out the majority are not confirmed.

So far the facts seem to be : Brazil averages about 160 cases of microcephaly  per year.  So far since the Zika hype there are 270 cases confirmed out of the 4000 and about 500 rejected , mostly in the Northeast.

So even though the media is hyping the number of cases there are still almost double the normal amount of cases , mostly in the Northeast.

Zika is suspected , but not confirmed as the cause

I don't think anyone can be blamed for thinking it's an epidemic the way the media is promoting it. I live in Sao Paulo state and have not been too worried about Zika ....But I can imagine people overseas are completely freaked out the way it is been presented.

It reminds me of how people stopped coming to South Africa because of Ebola a year or two ago , which is completely ridiculous , if you live in South Africa you don't even think about Ebola .....South Africa is a fairly dry often cold country as far away from the Ebola as Europe is and I don't think it ever even had a confirmed case. But people watching the news thought it must be there as it's Africa.

Here's some fuel for your conspiracy fire

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/experi … us-online/

Here is what one of the most respected medical institutions in the world, the Mayo Clinic, has to say about the causes of Microencephaly...

Craniosynostosis. The premature fusing of the joints (sutures) between the bony plates that form an infant's skull keeps the brain from growing. Treating craniosynostosis (kray-nee-o-sin-os-TOE-sis) usually means your infant needs surgery to separate the fused bones. If there are no underlying problems in the brain, this surgery allows the brain adequate space to grow and develop.

Chromosomal abnormalities. Down syndrome and other conditions may result in microcephaly.

Decreased oxygen to the fetal brain (cerebral anoxia). Certain complications of pregnancy or delivery can impair oxygen delivery to the fetal brain.

Infections of the fetus during pregnancy. These include toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, German measles (rubella) and chickenpox (varicella).

Exposure to drugs, alcohol or certain toxic chemicals in the womb. Any of these put your baby at risk of brain abnormalities.

Severe malnutrition. Not getting adequate nutrition during pregnancy can affect your baby's development.

Uncontrolled phenylketonuria (fen-ul-kee-toe-NU-ree-uh), also known as PKU, in the mother. PKU is a birth defect that hampers the body's ability to break down the amino acid phenylalanine.

They haven't specifically mentioned Zika anywhere. While I put on the bold text for certain passages here, it is to highlight the following important things to point out:

1. Brazil's public health system is in shambles, so improper prenatal care, diseases like measles, chickenpox, etc., can be a factor in the Brazilian cases.

2.  With the rampant substance abuse of young people in Brazil these days, that can't be ruled out as a factor.

3.  Most of the reported cases of Microcephaly are in the poorest states in Brazil and rural areas, so malnutrition or agrochemical exposure can also be a factor.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

So let's put all of this into perspective...

In the USA there are approx. 1.4 million births in a year. There are 12 cases of microcephaly for every 10 thousand live births, or 1,600 cases in a country that has superb healthcare and prenatal care available to everyone, and until now didn't have Zika Virus.

In Brazil there were 1,046,135 births last year, so using the same figure there should be expected to occur at least 1255 cases of microcephaly if Brazil had a superb healthcare system, which it does not. Brazil is also a country where extreme poverty reigns supreme and drug use is rampant. Given those conditions is it not reasonable to suspect that the incidence of microcephaly would be much higher than in the USA?

Hell, they can't even come up with an accurate count of the cases of microcephaly they have in Brazil. You'll find figures anywhere between 2,000 and 3,174. It appears that somebody is just pulling the numbers out of a hat. So, given the poverty and failed healthcare system in this country I really don't see those figures being anything more than could be expected, certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

Then too the reports all say "suspected" cases of microcephaly. What's that? Either a baby has it or doesn't, there is no mistaking microcephaly for anything else!!! Researchers (or what passes for researchers) here in Brazil completely ignore all of the numerous other causes for microcephaly and jump to the conclusion that all of the cases are related to Zika Virus. There is absolutely no scientific or medical proof of that. In fact there is all kinds of proof to the contrary. Given that exposure to infections like Rubella (German Measles) and Chickenpox during pregnancy can cause microcephaly it is also logical to believe that exposure to Dengue would be a much more likely cause than Zika, which is a much milder disease than Dengue and never fatal.

Despite claims by the WHO that Rubella has been erradicated in the Americas that is far from being true. In 2000 there were 2,566 reported cases in Brazil. In 2012 (last year that anyone can find records for) there were 1212 cases reported. Also there is at least a strong suspicion that even the vaccines for Rubella and Chickenpox if administered during pregnancy also cause microcephaly.

There is just too much misinformation and too many dubious figures floating around out there about microcephaly. To contrast that, there is absolutely NOTHING in the way of any concrete evidence or proof that there is any relationship with Zika Virus at all. Where's the science??? Certainly what is coming out of Brazil is nowhere near science and far from being proof.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Hello to all, Telesur News article: US Athletes may stay away from Olympics! Just fyi.

Suppose they gave a party and nobody came.

I think that's a phrase we can all relate to now. Lots of nations are expressing serious doubts about attending the Olympics, if not due to Zika, then they're concerned about the health risk to their aquatic events athletes because of the toxic pollution of Guanabara Bay.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

I feel sorry for all those who lived in Brazil and booked hotel rooms in advance to give their own houses for rent on increased rates and wanted to fleece the tourists. Bad Karma struck on all of you who did that. 😰

Well some good news is that so far the USOC has said that they're not pulling out their athletes. Australia is still considering taking a pass on the Olympic Games as are other countries.

I'm sure that people who have planned to come to attend the events will seriously consider staying home instead.

The sad part of all this is that Zika itself IS NOT FATAL and there is really no proven relationship with microcephaly, it's all pure suspicion - no real science.

Also there's part of me that has the nagging suspicion that all this BS was created by the PT government to take everybody's minds off the scandals and possible impeachment and/or revoking of the mandate of the President, Vice President, Speaker of the House and possible imprisonment of former President Lula. Not something I'd put past those b____tards!

Cheers,
James
expat.com Expert Team

You can add Kenya to the list of countries considering pulling out,

Also worth considering in relationship to Zika Virus and microcephaly is the extreme poverty that exists in Brazil.

In a country where the vast majority of the population earn the Minimum Wage (or less) which is R$880 per month (USD $223.60), many pregnant women suffer from malnutrition, which is one of the various causes of microcephaly. It is also interesting to note that the state with the highest incidence of "suspected" cases of microcephaly is Pernambuco, one of the poorest states in all of Brazil where many more families struggle to survive on even less than the Minimum Wage each month than in other parts of Brazil.

With that poverty also comes a proportionally higher rate of subtance abuse. Pernambuco is also an almost exclusively agricultural economy so exposure to agrotoxics is also a problem.

This is why I personally distrust the so-called data put out by incompetent researchers in this country, because they completely discount the many other causes of microcephaly, they just assume that they're all related to Zika, which is absurd.

To my way of thinking there is a greater likelihood that the top ranking causes of microcephaly in Brazil are (in order):

Malnutrition;
Inadequate health and prenatal care;
Other infections such as Rubella, Chickenpox, Dengue, etc.;
Exposure to chemicals such as agrotoxics;
Violent physical assaults on women by spouses, partners and boyfriends;
Substance abuse

All of those are much more likely for the number of cases of microcephaly in all of Brazil, not just Pernambuco.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Hey James,  I find all your above information to be well researched for I am in agreement  on your findings. It is refreshing to see your understanding of this virus, hopefully those who read the post will find the same truths. For it is overblown with the information provided in the news and it is a lot of bad information being given on the virus. Thanks for the update.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of ridiculous BS that so-called medical researchers in Brazil come up with. More amazing still is that there are actually still some people who take them seriously.

The latest news off the wires today is that they've "proven" that Zika Virus is fatal. Yep, that's right based on all of TWO cases that for which even to use the term DUBIOUS would be a gross understatement.

Those two cases were a man in his 60s, and as a small side note they mentioned, "Oh, and by the way, he also suffered from advanced Lupus." Give me a break on this one, I mean it's laughable. While he had Zika it's far more likely that either the Lupus killed him, or that Zika aggravated the Lupus and it was still the Lupus that killed him.

The second case was a baby that suffered from microcephaly and died shortly after birth. They claim that because they found Zika Virus in fetal brain tissue the cause of death was Zika, and not microcephaly itself. I wonder if the even bothered to check for the presence of anything else? My guess is not.

I mean really, these guys are so off the wall that if you took two cases of people choking to death on a piece of hotdog, they'd release a finding that hotdogs are fatal. Problem here in Brazil is that it would spread like wildfire on Facebook and so many uneducated people would believe it that hotdog cart owners all over Brazil would go into bankruptcy.

If this wasn't such tragic news it would be comical. Sadly there is nothing at all comical about all the misinformation and pure flat out lies that they're passing off as medical research.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

http://cdn.healthnutnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/zika-baby.jpg
Now the truth is finally starting to come out. A report from the Argentine Medial Association states that Pyriproxyfen, a larvicide produced by a Japanese "strategic partner" of Monsanto is a much more likely cause of the explosion in number of microcephaly cases on Brazil. "They also noted that Zika has traditionally been held to be a relatively benign disease that has never before been associated with birth defects, even in areas where it infects 75% of the population."

My own experience in Brazil tells me that this is probably the truth, since I could never figure out why the Brazilian government simply abandoned their spray programs years ago.  It now is clear that they simply decided to add larvicides to the drinking water supplies in many Brazilian states as a cheaper and less labor intensive option to spraying, without informing the public it was being done. Pyriproxyfen was introduced to the drinking water systems in 2014 to replace another larvicide they had been using initially.

This could all end up as being one of the largest scandals in Brazil which will make Lava Jato look like small potatoes. Not because of the corruption and bribes, but because of the fact that it is now clear that they put health and lives at risk in a form of "biological warfare" without the knowledge of the Brazilian people.

http://www.healthnutnews.com/doctors-na … ly-brazil/

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

James, I just read a couple of your answers recently and was struck by the incongruity displayed between them. While advising against bringing electrical goods to Brazil, you quite rightly shot down another contributor who had taken the position that it was worth the risk. The message was clear: 'If you don't know what you are talking about, don't encourage others to do something stupid.'
But what happened when you started talking about Zika?
I'm an environmental health practitioner, member of the UK Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, presently back in the UK after living for 30 years in Brazil, and I have to say that your comments were not just misleading and misguided, but dangerously so.
Rather than commenting on some ridiculously alarmist and misleading 'reports' gleaned from sites with names like activistpost.com and thefreethoughtproject.com (they obviously don't have axes to grind!), I suggest you refer your readers to the following news articles If you want some informed and reliable facts about what we know so far (and perhaps more importantly and more alarmingly, what we don't know):
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt … SKCN0VG0QThttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt … SKCN0VK1C4http://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt … SKCN0V805Nhttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt … SKCN0VC04B

Just to get some points out of the way: yes, laboratories do hold stocks of pathogens, and yes, they do sell them to other interested parties. That's called collaboration and it's how advances in medical research are made.
But no, the virus on sale is nothing like the one presently suspected of being linked to the malformations being found in babies in alarming numbers and with alarming degrees of severity. It has been shown that the virus has undergone two major mutations since 1947 (hardly surprising seeing that it's older than me and I thought I was old).
And no, natural disasters don't have an agenda, let alone a political one! I do agree that it'll be a pity if the political scandals in Brazil are obfuscated by the Zika reports, and I'm sure that some politicians will try to take advantage of that, but to suggest that it was 'invented' to take the limelight away from the scandals is just too naive and short-sighted: you don't seriously suggest that the WHO is in the slightest way concerned about the political shenanigans in Brazil.
What we do know about Zika so far is cause for all the concern and attention it is getting worldwide:
1 It is not the same, fairly innocuous virus that was isolated nearly seventy years ago;
2 It has been found in saliva;
3 It has been found in sperm;
4 We now have reports from both the CDC and Brazilian health authorities that the Zika virus was active in the brains of babies with microcephaly that have died shortly after birth;
5 And lastly, while we did have enough evidence to know what that 1947 strain was capable of, right now we are totally in the dark, but there are indications that this has the potential to become a major worldwide tragedy. Negation is not an option.
So in terms of the Olympics, considering that most of the female participants are of child-bearing age, it shouldn't be surprising if the majority refuse to come. We are no longer talking about some nasty itch or gippy tummy caused by close encounters with the waters of the Baía de Guanabara; we are talking about life changing deformities at a scale and severity hitherto unseen.
And now we have enough evidence for the male athletes to be worried enough to take a similar stand.
Whether the link between Zika and microcephaly is eventually confirmed or not, we can only be grateful that the world's attention has turned to South America and that concerted efforts will now be made to find out what is causing these two outbreaks, how they can be treated and how they can be avoided. And if the spinoff means a reduction in cases of Dengue too, then all the better.
Remember the old joke about Brazil not having any natural disasters; well we may just have ringside seats to watch that being proven wrong! Natural disasters AND corrupt politicians. Ninguém merece!

Hello danbrogan,

I'm not disputing any of what you say. However, I can tell you that what passes for doctors and/or researchers here in Brazil wouldn't be permitted to practice as pharmacists in most developed countries. They're simply incomptent. You also cannot trust any information coming from a nation that can't even prevent people from hanging out a shingle calling themselves an M.D. without even having finished highschool, let alone university and Medical School. Many of these false "doctors" end up employed by some of the most prestigious hospitals, clinics and universities in Brazil because there is no oversight.

Three deaths from ANYTHING is not a sufficient number of cases to draw any conclusions whatsoever, let alone that a virus known since 1947 and considered by the entire medical community as benign and non-fatal, a potentially life threatening disease. There simply aren't the numbers or the science to back it up. Also the fact that they've found Zika Virus in newborns who have microcephaly and died shortly after birth means little. I'm sure they also found Dengue among other things too.

We all know that there are numerous other causes for microcephaly than Zika Virus, all of which are much more likely factors here in Brazil.  They include:  (and this comes from the Mayo Clinic, not some questionable website or blog)

1.  Exposure to drugs, alcohol and chemicals. You would be hard pressed to find a female of child bearing age in Brazil who has never used drugs or alcohol. The states where the vast majority of microcephaly cases have been reported are all states whose principal economy is agriculture. There are few if any restrictions on chemical and pesticide use in Brazil, and what few there are are hardly ever enforced.

2.  Insufficient or inadequate medical care - the public health system in this country is in shambles to say the very least. Again the states where the most cases of microcephaly have been reported are among the poorest in the country and healthcare in those states is even more hit-and-miss than anywhere else in Brazil. Pre-natal care for poorer women in Brazil is a joke, a sick joke.

3.  Other infections - infections shortly before or during gestation such as Rubella, Chicken Pox, and yes Dengue (almost epidemic in Brazil). Despite claims to the contrary Rubella is FAR FAR from being eliminated in Brazil.

4.  Malnutrition - again extreme poverty in the states with highest number of cases of microcephaly, in and of itself, translates to higher numbers of women who suffer from malnutrition.

5.  Injuries during gestation - Brazil has one of the worst track records for violence against women. In many states women also do heavy or dangerous jobs well into pregnancy and are subject to accidental injuries as well.

6.  Other cromosomal / congenital factors - the very same factors that can cause Down Syndrome, for example, and others also can cause microcephaly.

7.  Uncontrolled PKU in the mother - a birth defect that hampers the body's ability to break down the amino acid phenylalanine.

8.  Craniosynostosis - The premature fusing of the joints (sutures) between the bony plates that form an infant's skull keeps the brain from growing.

9.  Lavicide  Pyriproxyfen (much more likely cause) which has been added to water supply systems all over Brazil without the knowledge of the general population, to replace the more labor intensive and costly spraying programs to fight the Aedes aegypti mosquito. Imagine if the government of a "first world" country added chemicals to the drinking water without informing their citizens???

I'm sorry, but any so-called "researchers" who simply ignore the possibility that any of these other causes could be the real source of the increase in cases of microcephaly are not only incompetent, but also irresponsible. I stand by all of my previous comments. I've got 14 years of experience in this country and in my considered opinion there is absolutely NOTHING that I will ever trust if it comes from this corrupt, incompetent and uneducated government we have.

Also I find it rather odd that only now, after sooooooo many years since Zika Virus was first discovered has it ever been considered as a cause for microcephaly even in places where 75% of the entire population have been exposed to the virus.

The facts speak for themselves, in the USA which never had to worry about Zika before now, there are 12 cases of microcephaly for every 10 thousand births, or around 1600 cases per year. The USA has first world medical care and extreme malnutrition is not a problem, drugs and alcohol... well that's everywhere now. Brazil's situation is the extreme opposite so I really don't find the number of cases of microcephaly here at all surprising or alarming, all things considered.

I stand by everything I've stated here, if you have concrete PROOF that I'm dead wrong, please show it to me.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

There are at least some cooler heads taking a more analytical and evidence-based approach, who realize unlike many, apparently, that correlation is not necessarily causation:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/f … slie-lobel

As an example of how science and truth does not always win:  It is sad but the hysterical and not science-based reaction starting in the 1960s against using DDT has been responsible for literally millions of deaths that need not have occurred.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/07/06 … -high.htmlhttp://junkscience.com/1999/07/100-thin … about-ddt/

*Ding ding* and the gloves are off :lol:

Just a FYI , if you have time to follow the link there are some interesting notes and comments as it concerns the USA and Brazil to work on the virus. As the saga continues     
http://fw.to/CtM73SB

One thing that I find extremely ironic about all this hullabaloo about Zika Virus is that Brazil has had a very high incidence of microcephaly for decades; long before Zika Virus was ever discovered. Now they're ignoring all of the numerous other causes, all well known, and trying to claim that they're all related to Zika.  Strange that since Zika Virus has been known since 1947 it's only now that anybody has even considered it as a possible cause for microcephaly, when all of the numerous other causes have been known for long time.

Got to wonder just who's making money off this scare campaign??? From what I can see the Brazilian pharmaceutical companies and researchers stand to gain the most.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

https://youtu.be/maRZsBlcrbw information :
What they are not telling You! Just fyi. Short video on the subject.

Alascana wrote:

https://youtu.be/maRZsBlcrbw information :
What they are not telling You! Just fyi. Short video on the subject.

Sorry, I couldn't even bear to finish watching it... it was so full of BS and misinformation that it was like watching one of the many FEMA coffins or New World Order conspiracy videos. It was all statements with ZERO facts or evidence. The maker of the video completely lost me at the point where he declared there is "concrete evidence" to link Zika to microcephaly. There isn't one shred of evidence in fact, just pure speculation.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

The video was intended to be shared and for others to see what is being shared around the planet and the FEMA Coffins are really Porta Potty Liners and the NWO is for No World Order. Sorry it is not for everybody yet it is for somebody.
take care

More information for those concerned, just sharing! And who have the time to be interested.
http://wn.com/zika_virus#/news

More information maybe of some interest to a few on the forum!
http://flip.it/svFPv
just keeping it in a hopeful light

This is crazy, for those interested! I find this one hard to fathom!
https://youtu.be/8BsQ3_-vxOM
who would think of this to experiment with.

Alascana wrote:

More information maybe of some interest to a few on the forum!
http://flip.it/svFPv
just keeping it in a hopeful light

So let's put this video into it's proper perspective and it will confirm what I've been saying all along.

They now are stating conclusively that only 1 in 100 pregnant women who are infected with Zika virus will have babies that are born with microcephaly. So that's 1% of microcephaly cases are traceable to Zika Virus.

In other words, the other 99% of cases of microcephaly are traceable to one of the numerous other causes for the disease.

In the USA there are approx. 1.4 million births in a year. There are 12 cases of microcephaly for every 10 thousand live births, or 1,600 cases of microcephaly in a country that has superb healthcare and prenatal care available to everyone, and until now didn't have Zika Virus.

In Brazil there were 1,046,135 births last year, so using the same figure there should be expected to occur at least 1255 cases of microcephaly if Brazil had a superb healthcare system, which it does not.

So just do the math 1255 X .01 = 12.55 That's right, only 12.55 cases of microcephaly in 1255 can be atributed to Zika virus.  That means there is a 0.001% chance that any pregnant woman would have a baby with microcephaly that could possibly be attributed to Zika virus.

That certainly doesn't sound like justification for the "Chicken Little" response of the WHO and Braziian researchers shouting "the sky is falling, the sky is falling,"

What some researchers won't do in order to get more funding!!!

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

This week's findings, just sharing information for those who have interest and time to read for the battle is continuing each day.

Factbox: Why the Zika virus is causing alarm | Reuters
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/brazi … WO078?il=0

Make today a Gr8 day!

U.S. CDC Study Concludes Zika Can Cause Microcephaly | The Rio Times | Brazil News

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/r … rocephaly/
just something new on the virus for those intersted!

Well it looks like the experiment is continuing, a mosquito for a mosquito. Are there any results from this in Brasil? For I have read somewhere this was used all ready.

Millions of GM mosquitoes to fight Zika virus in Caymans | World news | The Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/m … an-islands