Coffee Meeting

I have been following for a little while now and noticed alot of new members. So I thought, why not arrange a coffee meeting. I'm guessing since everyone is new here you guys wouldnt mind. I on the other hand have been around for a while, so have a few others, so ths could be a sort of way for you gain some info on the how to's of Egypt.

So post a reply if you are interested, and we can start with the nitty gritty of deciding on a venue and a time. :)

Welcome to the forum Shaanz :)

It's a cool idea to organise expat meetings. I hope that you will get many positive responses soon :).

Regards!

Hi Shaanz

Its good idea i am interested.

Hey Shaanz.. I'm in!

some/a lot of the (Egyptian) guys on here will like to come, but take care! See also the sticky about: please remember..you're not on a dating forum

i am In

Geely wrote:

some/a lot of the (Egyptian) guys on here will like to come, but take care! See also the sticky about: please remember..you're not on a dating forum

lol, spot on.
;)

I think the forum has recently been flooded

Geely wrote:

Hi Geely

what is the problem if a lot of Egyptian guys interested and what do you mean to take care?

Anyway Egyptian Guys here are very kind and we are here to just exchange ideas and just make nice friendship not for anything else , if you have any bad impression i advise you to change it caz you didn't met someone bad here

Thank and sorry if  i am talking like this

regards
Mohamed

@ m.ibrahim: In my profile I have written: i am married, so no interest in contacts with men then YOU sent me a message: Hi Geely
Have you tried before pigeon  , where r u from and what do you do

Thanks
Mohamed

If you really wanted to know if I like pigeon or not, you would have replied in the topic about it! have a look at the topic, you didn't reply there: Pigeon

This is an expat forum, are you an expat??? If you want to contact girls, go to a dating site.

Geely wrote:

@ m.ibrahim: In my profile I have written: i am married, so no interest in contacts with men then YOU sent me a message: Hi Geely
Have you tried before pigeon  , where r u from and what do you do

Thanks
Mohamed

If you really wanted to know if I like pigeon or not, you would have replied in the topic about it! have a look at the topic, you didn't reply there: Pigeon

This is an expat forum, are you an expat??? If you want to contact girls, go to a dating site.

TO Geely

i am not expat and i am proud to be Egyptian and i am not looking for dating or something like this my message about pigeon was normal message however i asked u about your work and you staying this was just introduce which was with the wrong person.

I'll tell you why i am proud to be Egyptian caz everyone coming from overseas to earning money from this country then why i looking to be an expat which i don't like to be.

m.ibrahim wrote:

TO Geely

i am not expat and i am proud to be Egyptian and i am not looking for dating or something like this my message about pigeon was normal message however i asked u about your work and you staying this was just introduce which was with the wrong person.

I'll tell you why i am proud to be Egyptian caz everyone coming from overseas to earning money from this country then why i looking to be an expat which i don't like to be.

I believe you are the same M Ibrahim who got banned a couple of days ago on a different forum for sending female members unsolicited PMs. Here is a note from the moderator who banned you:

"Hello

I am the mod for Egypt and I must advise you that if I see you approach any female posters I will delete your post and infraction you.
Your are welcome to post on the board but it is not to be used to try and meet people and more so women."

You need to understand that when you use a forum you can't just use it for PM-ing other people.

BTW I don't care if you are Egyptian or from Nicaragua, everyone is welcome as long as they contribute something useful to the discussion. By the same token, rules apply to everyone.

Regards

Well, this is very interesting. I am American of Egyptian origin. I lived most of my life in the US, then decided to move to Cairo for a couple of years. I guess I could count myself as an expat ... and an Egyptian guy :)

Geely - I understand what you mean.

m.ibrahim - I guess you were not supposed to see Geely's post since this is an expat forum. But since you decided to join, then you should accept what other people may think about you and your countrymen. Peace!

im in!

Aykalam wrote:
m.ibrahim wrote:

TO Geely

I believe you are the same M Ibrahim who got banned a couple of days ago on a different forum for sending female members unsolicited PMs. Here is a note from the moderator who banned you:

"Hello

I am the mod for Egypt and I must advise you that if I see you approach any female posters I will delete your post and infraction you.
Your are welcome to post on the board but it is not to be used to try and meet people and more so women."

You need to understand that when you use a forum you can't just use it for PM-ing other people.

BTW I don't care if you are Egyptian or from Nicaragua, everyone is welcome as long as they contribute something useful to the discussion. By the same token, rules apply to everyone.

Regards

thanks for your advise , but this advise should be to the all parties not for myself only.

i don't care either about expat or not as you saying it just discussion.

:offtopic: no more off topic posts or we'll moderate. thanks

Hi Shaanz, Id be up for it. I used to live in Cairo but was working a lot and never really had the oppurtunity to mingle and meet other expats. Im moving back to Cairo after living in Dubai for a couple of years sometime within the next few weeks as Im marrying my egyptian partner.
It would be good to have a few contacts before i get there.

take care

Welcome to the forum Shaanz,

Its great and very good idea id be up for it, but here many types of Coffee are available (Turkish, American & Italian), so, please would you mind to identify what type of coffee.

nice Idea im in too

i am in

Hi, I'd like to meet for coffee sometime, haven't met many young people in Cairo yet and it's better to meet as a group first time. When/where? Can we make it an evening (after work) or a weekend? :-)

Love the idea, I am in too...

Hi all.. Y don't we meet up this Wednesday December 1  (just before the weekend)! I think somewhere in Zamalek is best. We can meet at 9:30 this way anybody leaving by 9:00 from say heliopolis or maadi can get there (correct me if I'm wrong).
We can meet up for drinks or coffee I think both work I guess it depends on the place... what do you guys think? Shaanz?

I like the idea of Wednesday 1st of December, but 9pm is a bit late for me! I have to be up at the crack of dawn.
How about we meet at Cilantro or Coffee bean and Tea leaf by Abu Feda street/Um Kalthom at around 7:30 or 8pm?

(P.S I heard a new bakery, opened just around the corner from there too and they make wicked cupcakes, we could check it out too, if anyone is interested)

I'm The Youngest On Here
I'm In !!

I guess tomorrow is a no go... there has been no feed back!
If you guys do decide to go out some time, please send me a private message! I'd really like to join.

hey, sorry I've been busy so didn't reply - I'm still up for meeting up. Coffee Bean and Tea leaf at 8pm? I'll be there :-) Hopefully see you tomorrow.

can't do 8- think you'll still be there closer to 10?

I cant make it tomorrow. Have fun though :)

Shame, catch you another time Shaanz :-)

We will probably still be there at 10pm so come along and see.