How to get a Retirement visa?

What is required for a retirement visa and has anyone any contacts ...

Thanks in advance ..:)

Vin

Hello Vin

While waiting for members to revert back, I invite you to check out our : Living in Indonesia Guide.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Here in the forum you find infos about the requirements how to obtain a retirement visa. Important is that you deal directly with a agent who is holding all the licenses, those are mostly travel agents. Just google and you will find them......

Same answer for you here as I already posted elsewhere:

Back when I was on a retirement visa (here in Bali) I used a well recommended visa agency (fully licensed) called PT Bali Ide. 

http://www.bali-expat-business.com/

But, more recently a lot of mates have been recommending this firm:

http://balimodevisa.com/

However the problem for you is that both firms are based on Baliand youre talking about Lombok.

For the best recommendations regarding qualified and fully licensed agent/sponsors of your retirement visa there, I suggest you head over to the Lombok Lovers forum

http://lomboklovers.aforumfree.com/

There you will find my dear friend Gemma to be of priceless help.not only for your visa, but also for your life as a retiree on Lombok..

Good luckand follow good advice!

Hi Vin,

I have applied and got my retirement Visa and live in Bali. There is not much to it, but you have to work through an agent who will set up your appointments and complete the documents. You need proof of income, residence, medical insurance and a few other things which they will explain to you.

If you are in the same area, I will gladly give you my agents cotact details.

Hennie

Why medical insurance? I can understand if there is a free healthcare insurance plan but hospitals charge money. Proof of deposit of money should be enough, say $25,000.
Do you know how much the premiums are on medical insurance over age 65?
Another barrier to overcome.

Indonesia must protect itself from healthcare care costs of foreigners who choose to live here hence the rule , it is logic . ya insurance premiums are expensive over 65 especially if you have previous health problems , I suggest you do some research through brokers or online , Good luck

A couple of additional points worth noting here regarding health insurance…

One factor is the nationality of the expat.  “Back home” national health care plans obviously vary from one nationality to the other.   Also, so do the restrictions regarding how long a national can be living abroad and still be covered by their back home plan. 

Regarding insurance premiums for the 65 and over group, one way to keep these premiums reasonable is to select a plan with very high (but still affordable) out of pocket deductible.  Don't use your insurance for “run of the mill” medical problems, but rather keep it to protect yourself from catastrophic events…events that could wind up making you bankrupt.  A good, solid comprehensive medical care plan for an adult male between 65 and 70 in currently good health and without significant past medical issues, with a deductible of $5,000.00 should only run around $1,800.00 in annual premiums.

Some underwriters will require proof of insurability which will generally mean a physical examination.

To protect Indonesia from healthcare costs for foreigners?????
What does that mean?
Do you mean Indonesia pays for healthcare for anyone other than poor Indonesians? Tell me who Indonesia pays the healthcare for?.
For poor Indonesian citizens in government hospitals... or a portion of the bill for poor people in private hospitals.
For its citizens who have money???? Nothing.
For foreigners??  Nothing..
They pay nothing now. Nor will they pay for anything in future. Foreigners, poor or wealthy, cannot get Indonesian government health insurance.
What is the difference if a foreigner has to pay cash or an Indonesian wealthy person pays with cash or insurance?
If this is Sweden or Cuba where hospitals are free, I can understand.
The cost of health insurance for a 67 year old man is over $12,000 USD PER YEAR.
How does this make Indonesia a welcome place for middle income Bule's for retirement.
Middle income Bule's may have an income of only $3,000 per month pension. Or no pension but $ ONLY perhaps $200,000 in cash. It is still enough to live well in this great land.
Perhaps this is why Malaysia is more successful in attracting Bule pensioners.
Indonesia is BY FAR the better country to live in.

there are foreigners who have come here in the past without insurance  and  unfortunately passed away  , indonesia has been left with the bill or the hospital , if  you travel to europe you must have health insurance if you are not local .

recently the bpjs health system has been working quite well here  for locals or mixed married expats   , not sure if you can get on a retirement kitas , the class1 is only 6$ a month .

I have used without problems .

as I understand it many countries in asia have retirement schemes , each system has plus and minus, ya the malay visa is very attractive and penang is well setup for foreigners

When I turn 65 I will get a pension of about US$500 a month from investing $2,000 redundancy money into a pension scheme some 30 years ago. It's not much but it'll pay my bills.

Roy, US$1800 seems about right and is affordable. Which company offers that rate?

Doberman writes: 

“Foreigners, poor or wealthy, cannot get Indonesian government health insurance.”

That is NOT correct. 

Indonesian National Social Health Insurance, BPJS (Badan Penyelenggara Jaminan Sosial) is available to all expats who reside in Indonesia for more than 6 months, viz, KITAS holders.  Those on retirement KITAS visas are eligible, and those who are hold working permits are required to be enrolled, even if they don't use the program.

“The cost of health insurance for a 67 year old man is over $12,000 USD PER YEAR.”

That is also NOT correct. 

An excellent medical plan with a $2,000.00 deductible, male age 67 will run around $4,500.00 (and include emergency air ambulance).

"Roy, US$1800 seems about right and is affordable. Which company offers that rate?"

Find a broker who offers William Russell Insurance out of the UK.  They are the world leaders in expat medical insurance.

Keep in mind that the premium I "ball parked" would be for a $5,000.00 deductible, a clean medical record, non smoker and no or little alcohol use.