Residence Permit for infant who'll be added onto the mother's passport

Does anyone know how an infant can be added to the mother's residence permit? The mother is on a residence permit & will be returning to Libya after a holiday(exit-entry) with a newborn infant, who will be travelling on the mother's passport.

Will the infant require a seperate residence permit/visa or can '+ 1 infant' be added on the existing residence permit at the Libyan Embassy as done for visas for most countries. Will the Libyan Embassy need some authorisation from the immigration department here in Libya? Any other documents required for the infant (apart from the arabic translation of details in passport and birth cert.) ...

Any information???? :|

I think you'll find that all children need to have their own passports.

Check with your Ministry for Foreign Affairs

Many Asian countries still allow infants/children to travel on their parents passports .... passport is no prob. .... it's the residence permit/ visa which may be :( ..... I guess we'll just have to find out as it happens...

well I know with a British passport that a child has to have there own passport and then your company should apply for a visa and then when they re enter libya this is then worked into a residency visa.

for example I have friends here and the husband works and then his wife and his kids are his dependants so if you like they are on his residency.

But unlike when you get you residency here anyone under 12 years old doesnt need to have the x-ray or blood test.

speak to your company I am sur ethey will be able to assist you.