Living in Jakarta, Consulting to International Company in Singapore

Dear All

Would appreciate any advice on my situation.

I am a South African living in Dubai but am moving to Jakarta in the next few weeks.

From there, I would like to consult to a company based in Singapore.

In order to consult to them, I would need to have, or belong to, a company.

Do you know of any 'sponsoring' companies that exist within Indonesia that take on independent consultants?

Thanks in advance,

C

Not sure what you mean by:

"Do you know of any 'sponsoring' companies that exist within Indonesia that take on independent consultants?"

But you will need to find a company willing to hire you in order to get a work and stay permit.

And the right qualifications for the permit to be legal and valid in Indonesia. Why not just move to Singapore so you don't have to deal with all the issues you will face here.

Hello....I read your post and it is very very smart that you try to find out where you heading before you go. Starting business in Indonesia is the most painful experience I had in my life. The time, the money , the waiting for approval, the modifications you need to do to meet government requirements after reviewing your application. IT can takes up to 15 mon th.   ............so, what is the solution.....to find some one who already went through all this and you buy his company . This save you the struggles, pain, time, cost involved.  If you do this , the company will sponsor you and you get kitas in one or two weeks because you are now the director of the company. If you interested in my help search for me on Skype or write email...and I will propose to you how to find a company to buy. Regards. Hany Agamawy

hany1111 wrote:

Hello....I read your post and it is very very smart that you try to find out where you heading before you go. Starting business in Indonesia is the most painful experience I had in my life. The time, the money , the waiting for approval, the modifications you need to do to meet government requirements after reviewing your application. IT can takes up to 15 mon th.   ............so, what is the solution.....to find some one who already went through all this and you buy his company . This save you the struggles, pain, time, cost involved.  If you do this , the company will sponsor you and you get kitas in one or two weeks because you are now the director of the company. If you interested in my help search for me on Skype or write email...and I will propose to you how to find a company to buy. Regards. Hany Agamawy

Are you saying its just that easy taking over / buying a company in Indonesia ?

Would be good if you share more info here.....

Thanks for the response Happy Hour. Yes essentially I'd have to get hired by, or own a company. Just putting my feelers out to see if there are any 'already setup' companies in Indo that hire skilled people (consultants) and perhaps charge a management fee. I'm sure it's not that simple but thought I'd put it out there anyway. :)

I was waiting for someone to ask the obvious question! 

My fiance has a job offer in Jakarta... :)

Thanks so much for the detailed response Hany! I would like to discuss this further if you have the time. I'll be in contact.

If you live in any country and you know the rules ...and you do every thing legal ...you can do it.  Is there any rule to stop transaction of ownership in any country...the answer is no....please note that the undersigned have been in over 77 country and will be happy to share experience with all members .  Currently I have company for sale which will help any new comer to start business tomorrow.

I'll do every thing i can to help you.

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : off topic