Care for elderly

My mother and I are considering a move here. I was wondering if anyone has experience with in her own home care and nursing home care. Any idea of best place for this.
She doesn't have a lot of money and thus the move. Any ideas?

John

Welcome on the forum Hello Liberty9133 :)

I am pretty sure members around the region will respond to you very soon!

Best of luck
Yud

Hi John -

I don't have first hand experience, but I know of people who have had in-home care. 

I did have a nurse come to my home for several days after surgery - this was a "company" associated with Clinica Biblica.  So that is a good place to start.  I couldn't find the website just now, but I know there was one (so probably still is).  You could pursue this by contacting the international office at CB and asking - they speak English. (http://www.clinicabiblica.com/eng/index.php)

The thing you will definitely have to be *very* careful of is the person you have in your home (as always).  The one person (who was alone and bedridden) who had in-home care got robbed by this person and her companions - she had gained his trust and took advantage.  Of course, I heard about this because it involved an event, not everyday life.  Just be careful.

There is also a nursing home in the central valley - you might ask them about in-home care, how to find it, if they will contract to you, etc. (www.FincaFuturoVerde.com)

good luck,
Julie