Where to fix ur computer?

My computer crashed. any ideas where to take it? thanx.

The best in maintenance of computers is PC Link. I have fixed my laptop there, they are professional, I was very pleased with their work!
  21 Road 300, New Maadi, Cairo, Egypt.
   Tel: (+2) 02 27045666 / (+2) 02 27045777 / (+2) 02 27045888
   Fax: (+2) 02 27043444

Awesome! thank you so much Valibilic, I'll call them on Thurs. :)

did you get it fixed was it a virus,must use your male-ware/virus programs.I also don't take anything on flash drives unless i know the source is also secure and running active regular protection programs.

is it hardware problem or software problem?
if it hardware problem it is better to send it to the dealer of its brand.

I have no idea. :( it just won't wake up from "sleep".

Mariposa_Voice_for_Peace wrote:

I have no idea. :( it just won't wake up from "sleep".

Hummmm .. am unsure if you have tried this 'first step' to restoring a PC! ... and assuming it is a laptop ..

1) Unplug power cord
2) Remove battery pack

Wait a while .. say a bunch of minutes ..

3) Insert battery pack
4) Plug the power cord back in

5) Press Power-up button

I am sure someone around here could help if you specify further symptoms!

Hi Who, I tried all that already. :) its just totally blank, even when i plug in the power cord it doesn't light up. i dunno, if they r open 2day i'll call them. thanks though!

u can also check "Compu Me" they have several branches,
- Korba Heliopolis
- City Stars
- Maadi
- Mohandessein

Hi Who, I tried all that already. :) its just totally blank, even when i plug in the power cord it doesn't light up. i dunno, if they r open 2day i'll call them. thanks though!

hummm ... you are right .. this is not good! Hope it's just the power adapter that's awry! (Does it heat up, even though the PC is not working?)

Re: won't wake up from "sleep": Else .. seems it truly has gone into winter 'hibernation' .. tried screaming into its ears??!!

Jokes apart - I feel your pain ..

Peace!

we brought a new hp laptop and it worked fine for about a month and then went black. We found a shorted pin in the power cord melted a wire and burnt the jack on the laptop,it also damaged the battery. we have a new battery coming from outside for it.

we were using an adapter that really don't fit that well into the power outlet on the wall.

have since replaced all our plugs and adapters with good fitting ones.we even bent a couple pins on the plugs to make sure they would not become loose do to normal vibrations.

some dell machines had a issue which started in 2006 and continued through September 2009 and related to faulty Sony battery's leading to a failure to power up.

Who wrote:

[Re: won't wake up from "sleep": Else .. seems it truly has gone into winter 'hibernation' .. tried screaming into its ears??!!

Of course! I've even tried CPR, it is lifeless, nonresponsive, "sniff".. oh well ;) thanks though!

@ Shorouk, I'm thinking that myself, that its something with the adapter jack thing that the electricity isn't reaching. Its a Toshiba, 4 yrs old, its been pretty decent so far.

Who wrote:

[Re: won't wake up from "sleep": Else .. seems it truly has gone into winter 'hibernation' .. tried screaming into its ears??!!

Of course! I've even tried CPR, it is lifeless, nonresponsive, "sniff".. oh well ;) thanks though!

@ Shorouk, I'm thinking that myself, that its something with the adapter jack thing that the electricity isn't reaching. Its a Toshiba, 4 yrs old, its been pretty decent so far.

Unbelievable?? .. To Sheeba's are best known to respond to CPR .. ask any guy!!!   :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ok! here is the real deal (I had a similar issue with a dud Toshiba) .. the jack on the motherboard (yeah right!!) may have a broken solder .. just so you sound knowledgeable (in this 'ah! so!' un-knowledgeable land) to 'em dubious technicians ..

.... and then Charlie Brown took his blanket, along with his thumb ..  and shuffled into the 'other' room ...

(note to self: I am out of here!!!)

I am sure the problem is in motherboard!
Finally, have you gone to fix it? what did they tell you?

Who wrote:

Try this one too, it is in Maddi- they sell but I think they got after sale service.

Glory Technology (GTIS)

11/w El-Laslky District – Beside USAID building                                                   
Behind Call Center Park (smart village)-New Maadi
Tel.: (+202)25177161/2/3
        (+202) 2520 1920/1
FAX: (+202) 25177164
E-mail:   dejla@glorytech.com.eg