Moving the Family to Abu Dhabi

Hi,

My husband has received an offer for 25k a month USD in Abu Dhabi.  The currency converter says that is about 91,800 AED per month.  We have no idea what is required to live in the UAE and are looking for advice as to whether or not this would be a comfortable salary for our family.  We have 3 children 1,3,13.  Any advice/ insight is appreciated.

I don't know what your husband does, but that is a very high salary. Abu Dhabi is not a cheap place to live. But with THAT salary, you could afford to bring all your family, your cousins, and second-cousins removed and still live well. My only advice is that you double check the employer (unless that kind of money is what he usually gets). A real nice two-bedroom apt would run 150,000AED/year, a 3 or 4 BR...more, 180,000 up to 225,000...a couple months salary.

My husband is in the nuclear field, his salary is normally a bit higher than most.  I was listening to the recruiter when she phoned and the sums are correct.  The company is offering $100 per hour as well as 175-200 per day for per diem(food and lodging).  They also provide health insurance for him as well as plane tickets for him every 90 days. 

This will be our first overseas placement and we just really want to be sure we have covered all of the basis to make this move a successful one. 

Thank you so much for your reply and if you have any other suggestions/advice I really appreciate it.

Moving is always a challenge. Moving overseas to a foreign country...even more so. But if the company is legit, you will love living in Abu Dhabi. I've been here 15 years. Sounds like you have all your bases covered. Try to get advance notice of private schools for your children to attend (if old enough). Life is "easy" here, and safe. A good place to raise children. Weather is beautiful all winter. Summers...HOT. Buy a big car, a solid big car. A tank might be the best thing. And drive defensively in the slow lane for safety. Some people here (from all over the world) drive like 12-year-olds in video games. Buy a new car, not used. It'll save you money and time for years. Did I mention to buy a big car? I mean that.

You should be able to live very comfortably out here on a salary like that.  If he is nuclear will he actually be based in Ruwais rather than Abu Dhabi?  This is a very different placement than being in Abu Dhabi itself - just be careful on location, you don't ideally want the family to be based out there - much, much preferably for a family to be in AD city or Khalifa/Raha Beach area. 
I do a lot of blogging on Abu Dhabi and family expat life here - without a hard sell  for my blog you might genuinely want to check out some of my pages on things like salary packages & inclusions - http://www.babyglobetrotters.net/2014/1 … s-part-ii/  and what to expect for families in the UAE - http://babyglobetrotters.net/2015/02/10 … with-kids/
Let me know if you had more specific questions, always happy to help new families

more than enough  cash