Passport for Manpower Clearance

Hi,

I got an offer from oman based company. they want passport copy for manpower clearance but i ave applied for reissue of passport and it will take some time. My application is underway.  can i give them my damaged pasport copy? Since this passport details have to come in new passport and i will be carrying both passport.  Please reply.

Though I am not an expert , in my experience , you should progress only after you receive your new passport as the passport number is mentioned in every document .

There must be a process to change/update , but would you want to endure the pain of doing that rather than starting on a clean slate ?

Don't take visa on damaged passport.. You will get  stopped by Oman immigration upon arrival.

Reissue of a passport hardly takes a week under tatkal scheme. So just tell your employer to wait a week and give new passport details for processing

Hi,

I am not taking visa on damaged passport. Just for manpower clearance I have to submit scanned copy of my passport to my employer. In the mean time my new passport will arrive.arrive . is it ok to submit damaged passport scan copy for manpowmanpower clearance??

You did not seem to read what i tried to explain , it is not just clearance , the clearance is associated with a passport number which follows through to resident card and every other document .

Hence you need to have your new passport number to avoid explaining thousand times , with zero result all the time.