New members of Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Turkey forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Turkey if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi Niman - khan
The thread is for introductions. For job, please look up the JOBS section.

Good luck
Z

Hi :)
I am Marta :)
I am from Poland :)
But I am going to move to Turkey :)

Nice to meet you :)))

Dear Expats

after 2 months living in germany, i m moving to istanbul back
and this time, i will go russian course for my master thesis..
people who can speak russian we can meet and talk about it! just text me
best wishes!

hi Marta, welcome to Turkey
I am in Istanbul you can contact me whenever you want
Yousef

I'm Ebi
I'm from Iran
I'm mechanic engineer
I'm going to turkey
I'll be glad to get some experiences of living in turkey :cool:

Hi,
I'm a Turk who has lived my entire life in Australia (moved there aged 1) and have decided to move to Turkey to enjoy this beautiful country and take advantage of some opportunities.
I currently work & reside in Antalya (been here for 6 months now). I'm also fluent in Turkish, albeit with an accent that Turks pick up on  :blink:

I look forward to joining in on your conversations  :)

Hi I am Karla from Manila, Philippines but I am now living in Istanbul. I hope to meet new friends.

Hi kalra I'm cres from philippines..working in corum turkey but I move there in istanbul..the end of this month..I hope we met..thanks.

Hello cres! How are you? I am looking forward to meet you. I live in european side.

Hy There!

My Name is Aqeel Abbas . I live in Lahore Pakistan. I am doing CMA (Pakistan) , Which is an accounting profession. I would Like to serve Turkey, i am interested in Finance , Audit and Banking sector. I like to live in Turkey Istanbol.

hello guys am jona iga! can i please know every body here/

Hi Everyone,
I am looking forward to meeting some English speaking friends... Hopefully, we would enjoy each other's company and explore wonderful city of Ankara. Don't be shy...
Shah

Hi.
I just arrived in Istanbul (last week). :)
I'll be glad to meet up some people in here.

Welcome,
I am looking for a language teacher position in Turkey. I have been working as an Instructor in the field of teaching English as a second language. I am not a native speaker but I have M.A. Degree in English (Major in Linguistics). I have 12 years experience in the field of University Teaching.

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Please note that this thread is dedicated to all newbies to introduce themselves to the Turkish community.

For job hunting I advise you to take a look at the jobs section in the green banner above the page. You can post your CV there as well.

Thanks for your cooperation.

hello all,
am hady from lebanon, i moved here on august.
will be glad to have more friends in this city

Greetings from Philippines!!!

I'm jamay and planning to visit Istanbul Turkey this coming November... Any filipina /filipino who lives in Istanbul Turkey where I can meet ?
I would be glad if I can gather friends here before my arrival to Turkey..
Thanks

Hi Jamay

You can try the networking to interact with more Filipinos.

Enjoy the trip.
Z

jamay wrote:

Greetings from Philippines!!!

I'm jamay and planning to visit Istanbul Turkey this coming November... Any filipina /filipino who lives in Istanbul Turkey where I can meet ?
I would be glad if I can gather friends here before my arrival to Turkey..
Thanks

Hello everyone!!!
My self Manpreet from India, working in Bursa, Turkey. Don't hesitate to contact me.
Take care 😊

Hi! Jennifer here... from the US...looking to network and make professional contacts only. Please no requests for dates or hookups...

Hello my name is Ebose a Nigerian. I got admission into Sakarya university Turkey, pls, can someone enlighten me. And can assistance be rendered through this platform.

Hi Ebose
What kind of assistance are you looking for exactly?

Z

EBOTIS1 wrote:

Hello my name is Ebose a Nigerian. I got admission into Sakarya university Turkey, pls, can someone enlighten me. And can assistance be rendered through this platform.

hi

i m in istanbul. i studied arabic for some time and i d like to meet arab friends
to practice spoken arabic. esp levantine dialect. i can help you in practicing turkish.
best wishes

we cannot introduce ourselves since the forum is closed.
therefore i cannot activate my private messages. please direct us
for solving the problem

serkan21 wrote:

we cannot introduce ourselves since the forum is closed.
therefore i cannot activate my private messages. please direct us
for solving the problem

The forum is not closed as you are on the right thread.

About the pm system: this will automatically unlocked after you post a several useful posts on the forum: sharing information, giving advice of help to others.

I have a question for you: why would you send pm to members you don't know and vice versa as you just joined?

Hi karla where in manila you come from...I hope we can meet ifever we visit Turkey next month...

Thanks

hi
i sent pm since i was not sure if they follow threads or not. i just wanted to make sure that it gets read
but if there is such a policy of yours against pm s please post a warning.

hello . i saw your messege here.How is going in istanbul. :-)

I am Omosagba Feyisayo Cole,from Nigeria.Am in istanbul.I need your assistance in the area job i.e teaching jobs.Thanks.

Hi Omosagba
You can try the JOBS section in the top menu bar.
Good luck

Z

Omosagba Feyisayo Cole wrote:

I am Omosagba Feyisayo Cole,from Nigeria.Am in istanbul.I need your assistance in the area job i.e teaching jobs.Thanks.

Hey everyone .. I am Mohamed from egypt , i have been to istanbul for once and I would like to move on to It .. I am a planning engineer & i would like to meet new friend over there .. Best of luck for you all :-)

hello feyi,am darey by name, I also wanna moved to instanbul by december pls can we be friend,am from nigerian too,add me on *************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Am in Instanbul turkey.

Hi I have recently been made aware of the site and am interested to join and get to know other members.  I currently live in Scotland but visit the Mahmutlar area as often as possible.  I love it around Alanya, Mahmutlar and the more rural areas towards Gazapasa.  The weather and lifestyle appeals like no other and I always feel so well and happy. 

Are there any links to other expats which enable meetings relating to interests and hobbies?

regards Arlo

Welcome to the forum Arlo,

Currently, the only way to arrange any meetings is via posting on threads. Though you would want to stick around for the revamped version of expat-blog that will be expat.com

An events section is expected that will enable people to arrange meetings and gatherings.

Enjoy the day
Z

arlo wrote:

Hi I have recently been made aware of the site and am interested to join and get to know other members.  I currently live in Scotland but visit the Mahmutlar area as often as possible.  I love it around Alanya, Mahmutlar and the more rural areas towards Gazapasa.  The weather and lifestyle appeals like no other and I always feel so well and happy. 

Are there any links to other expats which enable meetings relating to interests and hobbies?

regards Arlo

Ciao, sono in Istambul ed ho urgente bisogno di contattare un mio connazionale

Hi Fiorenzac

This is the English section of the forum. For Italian, please select the appropriate section.

Z

Fiorenzac wrote:

Ciao, sono in Istambul ed ho urgente bisogno di contattare un mio connazionale

Hi everyone,

I'm Meriem from Morocco. Trying to find a job in advertising/marketing to move to Istanbul.
I'll be glad to get some experiences of living in turkey , and it will help if you can share some offers, job seekers or websites.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Everybody,

I hope you are fine and all goes well in your Turkey experience.

I moved Bursa (a city which is near to Istanbul, by boat 1,5 hour) from Izmir(on the west coast of Turkey, next to Greek Islands) for work.

Now I have been living and working in Bursa, in a private company as a foreign trade manager. Because of my work, I generally go abroad during the year, mostly to Europe. I really like to know new people and cultures, besides working on foreign trade.

Closed