Looking for job in HCMC

Hello everybody!!!

My name is Margarida and I'm moving to HCMC on 10th of September. I'm pretty excited with this new opportunity (I'm joining my boyfrienf who has been living in HCMC for 4 months already) but I need to find a job. Recently, I've finished my CELTA but I'm also open to other job opportunities, I speak four languages (Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan and English) and my previous experience is related with gender studies and social statistics analysis (budgeting, human resources, etc). I'm also interest in areas like tourism as I am passionate about travelling and my language skills can be a plus!

Also, I worked for Electronic Arts as customer advisor... so I know a little about technical support and video games ;)

If you have any contacts of languages schools looking for na English teacher or any other contact you might think that can fit me, let me know!!!

Thank you very much, and sorry for the long... long... message
Margarida

Hi Margarida,

This is James. Welcome to Vietnam, let it be for a tourist purpose. Don't think of having a job here.

(*moderated content)

So please give a careful thinking on this and choose to move.

Regards
James.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid generalization when speaking about Vietnamese people

HI,
We are in need of native english teacher. If you are interested, pls contact us
Thanks

Hello Regina,

Can you please send me an e-mail or any contact so I can send you my CV?

Thank you,
Margarida

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop advert relation to Jobs proposals, in our JOBS section

Hi Margarida,

We are in need of native English teacher.  If you need a job, please contact me ++++

Thanks

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Just opinion but from what I have been reading for the last few months, since you have your CELTA, you just need to have your docs in order [for aquiring your visa and work permit] and show with your CV and go from school to school, face to face.   With your positive look and your language skills you will get plenty of consideration.  I have a feeling from your post your English is good and your Spanish accent blended. Since you have a place to stay and some time you will find a slot somewhere.  The one thing to be concerned about is showing up after early Nov.  Some good advice I ran across warns of trying to secure a new position once the holiday season hits, not that different than any other country, ...again just from what I have read there is much less demand Dec 1st - Mid Jan.  But I also suspect a number of short-timers bail for Christmas with family and fail to return for classes in Jan....so maybe just maybe you can pick up a slot in you get interviewed before Dec. 1st.  Hope this helps in some small way.

Of course you should consider other jobs but seems like HCMC is an easy landing for English teacher.

Buen Viaje y Buena Suerte