Notarized docus for work permit

Hello guys! I'll be getting a work permit and the school has instructed me to get my papers notarized. From what I understood, it says here that the papers should have 3 stamps from university, government, and Vietnamese Embassy in the Philippines.

The papers I should notarized are: diploma, transcript of records, TEFL certificate. Am I right?
Does it mean I have to send my papers back to the Philippines or I can just do it here in Vietnam since it should be translated in Vietnamese? 

The school will process my WP but I haven't asked them about this yet.

Also, how much is the fee in getting criminal record here in Vietnam and health check in Van Hanh Hospital? Is it just a normal checkup or with urine sample and xray?

Thank you!

kattie1120 wrote:

Hello guys! I'll be getting a work permit and the school has instructed me to get my papers notarized. From what I understood, it says here that the papers should have 3 stamps from university, government, and Vietnamese Embassy in the Philippines.

The papers I should notarized are: diploma, transcript of records, TEFL certificate. Am I right?
Does it mean I have to send my papers back to the Philippines or I can just do it here in Vietnam since it should be translated in Vietnamese? 

The school will process my WP but I haven't asked them about this yet.

Also, how much is the fee in getting criminal record here in Vietnam and health check in Van Hanh Hospital? Is it just a normal checkup or with urine sample and xray?

Thank you!

I only had to get my Degree translated and notarized, ( no transcripts ), the criminal record check took a month , ( standard policy they said, and I'd been living here for 4 yrs ), in that month I wasn't allowed to " teach ", they told me I could, but after 4 days I was told to stop, but somehow some schools seem to get around this??? Maybe because their " teachers " were new in VN?
The medical cost about 300,000 VND, they do everything, ECG, EEG, Chest x-ray, blood, urine, etc, etc, it took a few hours.
The work permit cost 400,000, can't remember how much the Crim check was, but not a lot.
But no doubt this will vary from province to province, hopefully someone from HCMC replies, with HCMC prices and regulations.

should i send my documents to the Philippines to get it notarized?

kattie1120 wrote:

should i send my documents to the Philippines to get it notarized?

Maybe you should ask someone in the Labour Dept here, Phòng lao động. ( if no one from HCMC replies ). I didn't have to send my documents anywhere, ( but my Degree is nearly 30 years old ).

okay i got it. thank you so much!

Hi Kattie,

I hope this will help.

For work permit, these were the things I had to do:

*** FOR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK (in Vietnam if you're here for more than a month)

1. You need to get your police registration.(You're renting for sure :P so you're landlady should help you with this.)
2. Then you should bring it to Judicial Office, 141-143 Pasteur District 3. The certificate costs around 200,000VND and processing takes around 2-3 weeks.

*** FOR CERTIFICATES
1. You need to have your bachelor's degree certificate and any other teaching certificates certified by DFA in the Philippines (Red Ribbon). Then bring it to the consulate in HCMC to have it certified once more, one document is 800,000vnd to expedite the process for 3 days.
2. Then you need to have them translated in Vietnamese. You can either go to a) 47 Le Duan, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 (across Diamond Plaza) or to b) 97 Pasteur, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 (OR YOU CAN GO TO THE NEAREST JUDICIAL OFFICE AT YOUR PLACE although I'm not so sure about it) This takes like 3-4 days and costs around 80,000- 100,000/paper.

*** FOR MEDICAL CERTIFICATES
They do the usual urine, blood tests, x-ray, the usual stuff,depending on the hospitals you'll take it from, there might be additional tests.

Good luck! :)

that's very informative. so it means I have to send my papers to PH T-T thank you!

Don't you have your "red ribbon" copy with you? If you have to, you can send it through DHL (there's one behind the
post office in D1) it takes two business days costs around 1.4Mvnd. Cheer up! :P  Should you need any help, feel free to message me :)

nah I don't have. i only have my original Transcript of Records, diploma, and my TEFL certificate

Aww, then you have to send them back, I'm afraid. I went to the Philippine Consulate and asked if they could authenticate instead of sending back to PH but they required the DFA's authentication first. Maybe someone knows how to get around it without sending them back. Let's see. :)

i will probably process my WP next month when I have enough $$$. i plan to move from D7 to D10 so I need $$ hihi thank you =)

Shame!I am staying in D7, not in Phu My Hung area though, but near, if you know Tan My Market, I live around there. :)

riecel wrote:

Hi Kattie,

I hope this will help.

For work permit, these were the things I had to do:

*** FOR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK (in Vietnam if you're here for more than a month)

1. You need to get your police registration.(You're renting for sure :P so you're landlady should help you with this.)
2. Then you should bring it to Judicial Office, 141-143 Pasteur District 3. The certificate costs around 200,000VND and processing takes around 2-3 weeks.

*** FOR CERTIFICATES
1. You need to have your bachelor's degree certificate and any other teaching certificates certified by DFA in the Philippines (Red Ribbon). Then bring it to the consulate in HCMC to have it certified once more, one document is 800,000vnd to expedite the process for 3 days.
2. Then you need to have them translated in Vietnamese. You can either go to a) 47 Le Duan, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 (across Diamond Plaza) or to b) 97 Pasteur, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 (OR YOU CAN GO TO THE NEAREST JUDICIAL OFFICE AT YOUR PLACE although I'm not so sure about it) This takes like 3-4 days and costs around 80,000- 100,000/paper.

*** FOR MEDICAL CERTIFICATES
They do the usual urine, blood tests, x-ray, the usual stuff,depending on the hospitals you'll take it from, there might be additional tests.

Good luck! :)

*** FOR CERTIFICATES
Translated first of course.

i got it. thank you very much

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

you need to translate 1st

BUMBLEBEE123 wrote:

you need to translate 1st

I can confirm this.  I had my documents done in Washington D.C. and I failed to note until I got to Vietnam that the VN embassy in D.C. had certified one of the documents but failed to translate it as they did the others.  I had to do that one over again in HCMC.   Fortunately for Americans, doing it in Vietnam is actually easier than doing it through D.C.

Did you get the original document or the photocopy of the original document notarized?

You can notarize a photocopy at the US Consulate and have it translated and verified by DOLISA.  In fact the consulate will not notarize the document per se.  The statement you make that is notarized is that the photocopy is a true copy of a document that you have in your possession.  You are not attesting to the veracity of the diploma.  You are attesting to the veracity of the copy.  Anyway, I really wouldn't want to submit my original diploma because Viet authorities put their red stamps on whatever you submit.

Note that I don't know if this is how it works at the Philippine consulate but it may be.

Btw, did they ask only for the notarized copies form the embassy?