UK TV

Hi mates

Is there any way to watch a UK TV in Libya?

You could get a UK Sky box and set it up over here. You can also watch online through vlc media player.

kes1978 wrote:

You can also watch online through vlc media player.

How exactly would someone go about doing this? I have vlc portable.

pm me your email addy and I will send you the applications needed.

Skybox but you need a 3.8m dish

kes1978 wrote:

pm me your email addy and I will send you the applications needed.

Done...

Sent

kes1978 wrote:

Sent

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it, at the time I am sending this message I am watching ITV1.

Thank you again for the full clear explanation.

Regards

Salim

You're welcome, glad to be of help :)

Hiya,

This is a very interesting topic for me.

I've been using the Slingbox up to now, with the Sky Plus box plugged in in the UK. www.slingbox.com

The only snag is that it uses about 200mb per hour so your Wimax limit evaporates quite quickly. But it's ok, you just watch less cr@p that way ;)

Would a 3.8m dish even do it? The Astra 1D signal hardly reaches Italy and I heard some of the channels will scramble at that distance?

I'd really appreciate it is you could please PM me any 'secret' way of doing this a better way?

Thanks in advance.

Kev.

KevShepherd wrote:

Hiya,

This is a very interesting topic for me.

I've been using the Slingbox up to now, with the Sky Plus box plugged in in the UK. www.slingbox.com

The only snag is that it uses about 200mb per hour so your Wimax limit evaporates quite quickly. But it's ok, you just watch less cr@p that way ;)

Would a 3.8m dish even do it? The Astra 1D signal hardly reaches Italy and I heard some of the channels will scramble at that distance?

I'd really appreciate it is you could please PM me any 'secret' way of doing this a better way?

Thanks in advance.

Kev.

Hi Kev, I also have a slingbox set up back at my ma's in UK, she always turns it back to X Factor or Corrie/Emmerdale when I'm trying to watch footie though, so I gave up :D

Did you know you can also stream your dvd player through slingbox?

Around 200mb/hr is the norm for watching online video streams. If you say... use 10gb per month, that's around 50 hrs of tv viewing, leaving 5gb for other internet usage (The allowance is now 15gb per month on Wimax).

You could bring the box here, I know people use the set up with a 3.8m dish.

Personally, I have a "dongle" set up. Although not much UKTV, (I watch that online) basically this setup gives me around 25 sports channels as well as Orbit Showtime Network and various other English speaking music/series/movies etc.. channels. this cost me 205 LYD for the full set up including dishes, box decoder etc...

HTH

Regards, Kes

For all the UKTV apps users, here is a link to the TV guide for UKTV channels

whatsontv.co.uk

kes1978 wrote:

For all the UKTV apps users, here is a link to the TV guide for UKTV channels

whatsontv.co.uk

Thank u buddy,

could u please help me with this,

I kept receiving this note when I start VLC

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://217.146.95.166:554/live/ch14yqvga.3gp'. Check the log for details.

regards

Salim

That's just due to the first 2 or 3 links being offline.

They stopped working a few weeks ago, just close the 3 errors upon opening vlc and the first channel should load automatically, it should be CBBC1.

I'll try to get links for bbc channels but it's proving difficult as they know the proxy is not from the UK.

I have a BBC player application, but it won't allow viewing at the moment, even when changing my proxies as they have geo- mapping.

I'm working on it and will inform you all if I succeed.

Honestly, I think the most hassle-free way to do this is to just buy that signal decrypter like you said. It sets you back a couple hundred dinars, but really in the long run you end up saving many times over the money you'd otherwise have spent on buying bandwidth.

Honestly, I think the most hassle-free way to do this is to just buy that signal decrypter like you said. It sets you back a couple hundred dinars, but really in the long run you end up saving many times over the money you'd otherwise have spent on buying bandwidth.

The dongle set up is good, and along with the tv apps I now have BBC iPlayer too. :D

Like I mentioned before, for certain programmes to watch online, 10GB for 50 hours (approx) is plenty.

I watch most sports and movies on the TV, and UK shows online now......simples

kes1978 wrote:

That's just due to the first 2 or 3 links being offline.

They stopped working a few weeks ago, just close the 3 errors upon opening vlc and the first channel should load automatically, it should be CBBC1.

I'll try to get links for bbc channels but it's proving difficult as they know the proxy is not from the UK.

I have a BBC player application, but it won't allow viewing at the moment, even when changing my proxies as they have geo- mapping.

I'm working on it and will inform you all if I succeed.

Thank u so much mate, I really appreciate your help. that is is right it starts with CBBC1.

Thank u so much again.