Month Long Rentals?

Hi All,
We will be moving to PR in September. We were thinking it would be best to find a short term rental until we find a place for a permanent move. Any advice on how to do this? Places? Best area? We will also be renting a car to start but we are hoping to find a used car to buy pretty quickly. Please share any advice or experience you may have in these areas! Thanks all!

Hello Wonderer

You may drop an advert in our Housing in Puerto Rico section of the site to increase your chances to find a nice rental.

Regards
Kenjee

Figure out where you generally want to live in the island, then search for rentals at the site below. Get a 6 month rental agreement so you have time to find the right property. I seen a bunch of rentals for 300-500 a month.
- clasificadosonline.com/Rentals.asp

You just need a place to sleep while you find your dream house and location. You may need 1 month or 1 year to find it. Easier if you know the areas and know what you want.

I agree with Rey, a month may not be enough time to decide on a property. Plus a purchase will take longer to finalize in the island that it would take in the states. As per what areas are best, it will depends on your needs, wants. Rincon, Aguadilla and the western part of the island is preferred by expatriates. Also, that part is more quiet crime wise.

I found a property manager on Puerto Rico Craigslist. She showed me a house that wasn't actually listed online. She was completely open to month to month rentals. So if you find a property manager, just ask if you can do month to month.

What part of the island are you interested in?

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Welcome Wonderer, you probably can find something in the metro area short term nut it will probably be pricey. The west coast is usually more economical depending on what you are looking for.

We were in PR for 3 weeks before we found our house ( but were staying with family for those 3 weeks and it wasn't too much fun).

We got our house thru clasificados.com. they have places all over the island in all price ranges.

Best of luck in your search

Tonie

By the way, where in NY are you from?  We come from Long Island.

tonie0750 wrote:

Welcome Wonderer, you probably can find something in the metro area short term nut it will probably be pricey. The west coast is usually more economical depending on what you are looking for.

We were in PR for 3 weeks before we found our house ( but were staying with family for those 3 weeks and it wasn't too much fun).

We got our house thru clasificados.com. they have places all over the island in all price ranges.

Best of luck in your search

Tonie

We decided to build our house so we don't have to stay with family. Too much drama!!  ;)

It was in response to the question.

J Tirado
Paraisorentals.com

Hi Rockerjoe,

To whom you are talking with? your post is not so clear, it's look like off topic.

Thank you

Stéphanie

hello,
moving from queens ny. we aren't actually looking to purchase a home but to rent. i am having a hard time finding a rental from here so I was hoping to find somewhere to stay short term while I find a rental that I would be comfortable signing a year lease with. I am worried about scams. Thanks for your advice

Come on man! At least give me a chance to help you by stating WHERE in PR you need to rent.

Check the clasificados on line, also, there are some FB groups that have rentals properties announced.

I posted a link to a property that I own and the admin removed the link. I do weekly, monthly rentals.

Hey  Rockerjoe,
Could you inbox me the link?

Sure, Victorglass. I hope to stay around the metro area to start. I have been looking in San Juan, Carolina, Dorado, Bayamon. I'm not too picky. I have been to PR several times and can make my way around pretty good plus I will have a vehicle. I want to start out around this area but after in terms of long term I will be exploring the whole island for options.