Custom Home Building

We are contemplating buying several lots on the island. Can anyone advise on costs associated with home building?

@tiradofam Im currently in the process of building in Aguadilla.  Cost associated will be El Fundo which is a insurance policy for your construction site. The cost of that policy will depend on the cost of your home. You also have OGPE which is your municipal taxes and permit cost. You're looking at anywhere between 3k to 8k in fees. Again it depends on the cost of your build. Also buy land with water and electricity already in place it can get very expensive in remote sites if you have to run hundreds of feet of plumbing and wire.

Thanks, the land we are looking at has all utilities on site. We know about the permits and all those fees. We are actually wanting to know, ball park figure, cost of square footage to build.
The builder im using 120 -125 prsft
@G1977 can you please share the builder you're using.  I'm also looking to build in Aguadilla. Would greatly appreciate your feedback.  Kind regards
MAG

@G1977 also interested in getting your builder information.  TIA!!

@G1977 Where are you building and would you please share your builder contact details?

@mkvergaras will do im seeing him Tuesday.  Do you speak Spanish cuz he doesn't speak English.

@10YRStoRincon yeah whats your name? I'll let him know your going to call him.

@jillmedina I'm building in Aguadilla, Alex Alfonzo is my builder. 17876141004 Tell him George gave you his number.

@mkvergaras Alex Alfonzo 7876141004 Tell him George gave you his number

@G1977 Thank you.  My name is Leslie Castillo

@G1977, thank you so much.  Yes, I speak Spanish fluently.  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards
Maggie

@G1977 .  Thank you soooo much for the share.  Awesome, I too am building In Aguadilla.  Looking forward to speaking with him.  Grateful. 

@mkvergaras Alex is great with responding to your calls but he is very busy. I just left a house he is working on in Aguadilla. I think its going to by about another before he starts working on mine. The problem he is having is finding good workers. Alex is all inclusive turn key ready to move in. He has a engineer that will design your home as well.

Thank you kindly for the feedback.  Yes, my father mentioned that builders are finding it difficult to get available workers to work on new construction which is causing several delays on them starting on new builds.  My dad use to be a builder by trade many years ago, but I do not want him involved as he's much older now and I find a great deal of the old school builders were accustomed to cookie cutter homes, of which I'm not interested in.  I have my own design plan and interior spatial planning that I'd like incorporated into the 2nd level structure I'd like to begin construction on.  I'd also be interested in seeing any current structures he's working on so I can see his workmanship as well.  I travel several times a year to my family home to check on my dad.  I'd like to be able to meet with him during my next trip to the island and speak further as well as show him my concept of the interior design.  I had an attorney in Isabela I was referred to, to go over the paperwork needed prior to construction but he has yet to call me back.  A close friends brother is an attorney on the island with his own practice but he is all the way in Humacao.  I'd rather have one closer to West side of island.  Thank you so much for sharing your builder name and contact this would be most helpful.  So many builders are currently overwhelmed with projects or not local.  I'd most certainly will let your builder know you have referred me.  Please keep us posted on how your project is going along and if you have seen any of his most recent dwellings and feel confident using him.  Would greatly appreciate it.  🙏🏻 thank you again. Blessings

Kind regards Maggie V.

@10YRStoRincon i even sent the guy from BOLD drawings of what i wanted. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't share them with you as his own.. lol

As an Interior Designer I do not send anyone my drawings as they are my custom designs and yes, you run the risk at someone claiming the design as their own which I will not do, until I establish a work contract with a contractor as well as have my drawings registered and submitted to the county. I do add a watermark on all my custom designs, but that doesn't stop people from finding ways to remove a watermark and claim as there's.  I did have someone here ask me to send them my plans and can speak further on project if they are able to take on another client.  I kindly stated I don't share or send my own designs to anyone.  I can show it to you upon meeting but until it's registered as my own, I do not send anyone anything.  That's a general rule we were taught in school, prior to branching out on our own under our own brand. 
@G1977

Hello,

Just curious if you don't mind sharing your builder business phone number with me.  I'm going to build in isabela soon.  Gracias, ariel

@G1977 i can assure you we are not passing off any plans as designs as our own! Haha we do not have an architecture/engineer in house but we do work with some great teams on the island that we recommend!

@G1977 hello, can you share what the name of his company is please and thank you?