Info Request

Dear Exapts,

I have received a job offer from a major company in KSA in Jun 2014, I signed the JO and send it back accepting all terms of the offer, besides I had to precise the starting date, I suggested August 2014, that I have to respect according to HR department. In order to meet that day I had resigned from my pervious job. The HR requested me to send some documents passport diploma... etc so that they can go ahead with the work permit procedures at their level, till today I have not received any feedback from them and when I call to check they ask me to wait.
I have been for almost a year without a job (Knowing that I have a family).
My question is: is the employer entitled to respect the term of the job offer and what if he decided to cancelled can I take them to court for material and moral damage they caused if so, what is the procedure? My apologies once again and i would much appreciate if you could give me a hint on how to deal with my case.

Thank you so much in advance,

this is a law firm in Jeddah. you might contact them to give you the advice.
http://www.yjb-law.com/

Thank you seamu, I have conducted many law firms via email and still have no feedback

I don't understand the situation, even after you receive the job offer there are many things which the employee has to go through till he finally gets the job. but usually the employers ask to resign only when everything is confirmed like visa, medical, ministry approval, blah blah. Btw, Did they asked you to resign ?? If yes, in that case it's the moral obligation for the company to take care of you.

But moral obligation is a huge thing to expect here in this part of the world !!

Good luck :)

Did they instruct you to leave your company in order to meet them or process their requirements? If not, then I  believe there is no way you can win a lawsuit should you take them to the court.

A job offer is just a job offer without any proof of an existing contract between you and the "major company".

According to them, the starting date I have mentioned on the JO must be respected and met, and as I had one month period notice, I resigned 15 days before that day and took the rest of period notice as holiday, I tried to be professional, meet the deadline and make a clean exit from my previous job.
What really offended me, is the way the HR department of that company treated my case... it's a total "don't-give-f**k" mind-set, I have to call every time and check to that they can follow up on the matter. sometimes I call and they tell me just give me five minutes and I will check and call you back, and they never call back. ( here in Europe at a professional level when someone tells you I will call you back and he doesn't means two things either you are annoying me or I don't give sh*t about I think that's what they are trying to tell me)

Thank you dear expat for your replies, i really appreciate.

Forget them and move on. They obviously don't deserve you. Charge it to experience.

Cano Manuel,

thats exactly what i am doing, looking for a new job and turning that page for good.

thank you guys