Leptis Magna - Friday 1st October

Hello...
I am starting a group to visit "Leptis magna" on Friday October 1st, each one will go by his/her own car, no charges required except for entrance fees which will be paid separately at the entrance door. A guide will join us for free and demonstrate each part of it.

Would you like to join?

More details about Leptis, please visit

google.com/images?hl=en&q=leptis+magna&psj=1&wrapid=tlif12852476846872&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=xVSbTP-uEc_JswaUqs2SBA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CEMQsAQwAw&biw=1276&bih=599

Hello Luai, I would like to join this trip. Leptis Magna is defnitely on my list of 'to do' things in Libya (I've been here since July). I don't have a car though, but will be more than willing to help share the gas cost. Please let me know the details. Hope some other expats are interested in going as well. It could be a great opportunity to get to know each other in real life :)

HI all,
I'd be interested in going but don't have transport either but will in to share costs etc

The Archaelogical Society does regular trips to places like Leptis at the weekends, if you're into that sort of guff.

Unfortunately I have to cancel the Oct 1st trip since I have some business to attend to.

Mudman coudl you give me some details about the Archeological Society? I may be interested in joining one of their trips. Thank you very much!

here it is --

Archaeological Society of Tripoli
The Archaeological Society of Tripoli run regular trips to places of historical interest. They are usually day trips but there are also some visits lasting two or three days to places which are further afield. It's an excellent way of seeing the country if you don't have a car, and is also useful if you don't know how to get to certain places, or just don't want the hassle of driving yourself, or you want to meet people. Membership is a reasonable LYD 15 per year.

for more,link is here-lookoutlibya.com/Look_Out_Libya_%7C_Clubs.html

Hope it helps :)

Whoa.....this is BRILLIANT info Genie, thank you so much!! I'll defnitely e-mail them and join up. VTW I still think your display pic is way tooooo sexy.....hehe! Beware the stares!!

Am interested also on this trip but no car, let us know if any arrangements can be made and am willing to share cost

laplace maybe you can also join the Archeological Society.

My business trip has been postponed so now I am free to join the trip on Oct 1st...if there's still one going on.....I haven't heard anything from the original poster (tigershark). Is the trip still on?

Sure...

I can arrange a bus to take us their, that is easy, and we all share the expenses, in addition to that we will go and visit Vela Cilina next to Leptis Magna. Please send me an email [email protected] your name, number of people joining the trip, and your mobile number. Initialy we will start the trip from Regata at 8:00 AM this Frieday, it is expected that the weather be nice

more details: please call me 0918599849

Thanks

Thank you for this Luai. Are there enough people to warrant a bus? Maybe a van is more appropriate? Anyhow you are the organizer so I will follow your lead. In any case, please count me in! I will send you my details via e-mail.

By the way could you please estimate the costs of the trip? Thank you!

how much is the estimated contribution fund for each? I'm interested but I have to check first if I can afford the trip.

Hello,

The shared cost will be 25 LYD for each person, which include transportation and entrance fees for 7 people, incase there are more than 7 it will be cheaper. Please note that extra money found after paying the fees and transportation will be back for each participant

Thank you,
Luai

tigershark wrote:

Hello,

The shared cost will be 25 LYD for each person, which include transportation and entrance fees for 7 people, incase there are more than 7 it will be cheaper. Please note that extra money found after paying the fees and transportation will be back for each participant

Thank you,
Luai

Trust me it would be alot cheaper if you go with 2 cars only, 4 in one car & 4 in the other a total of 8 passengers can go and obviously the 2 people driving each car making a total of 10. You can go and come 2 times if you want with only 7LD of petrol in your car.

The reason I suggest this is because it would be safer as you know who would be driving obviously an expat rather than a local bus driver.

Just to be on the safe side!

I am in. I've sent am e-mail to you already, Luai.

Perfect as a start, the more people the more is the entertainment, Leptis Magna is an astonishing place at the sea, and when you see Vila Celina (where the Emperor was living) it will take your breath away.

If you are that type of classic person who like to live the Romans century try it.

Regards...

Luai,

So how many people are in this trip now? When and where should we meet? Please confirm, thank you!

Now we are 3 people in one car, WIlliam will join us, we will start the trip at 9 AM, call me please to pass by and pick you up. 0918599849

Tigershark when you rang @23;15 I was in bed 1/2 asleep & dropped the call-sorry hope you all had an interesting day

Luai....!! I would like to thank you very very much for your kind and caring organization for the group during the visit toi Leptis Magna. It was certainly an event filled day! Not only did we see the magnificent ruins, but also enjoyed a good lunch, a nice dip in the ocean, had a guy almost trampled by a camel, got a flat tire on the way back, and went to see the cool facilities at Bustan. All in all, I would consider it as the best day I've had since arriving in Libya :) Thanks also to all members in the group that made it all the more special!