Guide me for my first air travel

Hi guys...

I am moving to tunisia soon.. and that will be my first air travel so can u guide me in process of customs,imigration and so on... :)

Hi,

you will get to the departure area at the airport. You will know in advance your plane number, so you just have to look on the huge screen that displays all flights. They are everywhere in the airport.

This will tell you where to register your luggages (if you are confused just ask at the reception or anyone looking official).

At the check-in counter, where you register your luggages, you will get a boarding pass. You'll have to show your passport and ticket. They will take care of your luggage.

From there, all you have is your carry on. A small luggage that will go inside the plane with you.

Walk to the immigration (just look at signs) and give the immigration officer your passport and boarding pass.

You will then go through a thorough security check. Your luggage will be scanned. If you got a laptop, remove it from its bag. You might need to remove your belt and shoes to be scanned as well.

Now, look at signs that will indicate at which gate your plane is located.

When you will arrive to the foreign airport, just follow the large crowd to the immigration (or just find the signs), queue, show your documents.

Just after the immigration, you will have a screen with flight numbers and the moving carpet (belts) where your luggages will be waiting for you. Go there, get your luggages and move out :)

hints:
1) don't put anything sharp or liquid in your carry on luggage. They would be confiscated.
2) Travel with relaxed clothes. No need to be dressed in a suit.
3) Try to empty your pockets and have everything reachable in your carry on
4) Be ready to show your passport and boarding pass at any time.
5) Never leave your luggages unattended.
6) arrive 2-3 hours before your flight take off
7) Be at the plane's gate 1 hour before take off
8) Since this is your first time, arrive an extra hour sooner. This will remove some stress off of you and you will have time to find out where to go if you're lost.

I hope this will help you

Nico

@Nico,
Hey ,Thanks for ur response...I  hope this will help me a lot...:)