Taking a car from UK into Marrakech

HI I aim to move to a rental riad in June time approx. It is furnished but I want to bring  few things along from home that are personal - nothing of high value except to me and some clothes etc
I want to bring my car over and drive through Europe and use the ferry to Tangier. I won't travel alone as a female
My question is that I have heard that they do not like you to bring a car in as they feel you may sell it which I do not wish to do - it is quite old and I would like to keep it there as use as a run around (doubt it would make any money or return) and I know most cars in Marrakech get bumped to death so that is fine - rather my car than a hire car
What about the UK number plate do I need to change it? Also driving license
Sorry but you try to find out this info and it is a nightmare of people sending you to others
Also tax? Mot?
Thanks so much if you can assist

By the way I have driven all over Morocco so know how system works....

Hi
I can advice you on the points that your not to sure about ..
  Please contact ME on (moderated: do not share your phone number on an public forum)

Regards
Mohammed

HI thanks for your offer but I am not going to contact anyone personally as I have been advised on this site may times not to

I just wanted some basic information. All I want to do is take a few bits of my personal stuff to my new rental accomodation. My friend and I are travelling together and will come over on the ferry to Tangier and drive through Rabat

Concerns are visas at certain points? Going through any customs checks with boxes?Also I heard that they don't like you to take cars in as they think you are going to sell them

This is not the case as an old run around I wish to keep there as I am used to driving in Morocco and Marrakech and certainly recognise the fact many are bashed and nobody bothers to repair them as it is a crazy city to drive in but fun

I will keep it in Morocco but presume need to tax it there and register somewhere but also what about changing the registration??? Maybe it doesn't matter if short term?

Thanks R

To the OP, I had a look at some websites. You can take your car into Morocco for 6 months. You must then take it out. You may not sell it. If you don't take it out, you will get a hefty fine. Your insurance must cover the costs of a write-off to be exported from Morocco - you may not have a foreign car scrapped in Morocco even if it is completely useless. All documentation has to be up-to-date and be for longer than the 6 month period.

Customs are not terrible. There is a thread about taking stuff to Morocco and Customs lower down. As long as it's not white goods etc, then some personal effects aren't going to be a problem.

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some inappropriate posts have been removed.

Thanks all

Priscilla