Self-employed in UK via UK company moving to Malta?

Hello helpful people,
Having read many posts I still couldn't find an answer to a question I have, which may be bit unusual:

I am a British national and a self-employed consultant living and working in UK. Most of my work can be done remotely/online. I am considering moving to Malta but continuing working in the UK, with visits to UK every month for business meetings etc. I am a shareholder and director in a UK company and all my income is from that company. I understand EU law provides for freedom of provision of services across EU states, so in theory, if my understanding is correct, I can move to Malta but continue working via my UK company. Given I run and own my employer company, what documents would I need to provide in support of my residence application?

Anyone who has been in a similar situation or knows someone who has?

Many thanks indeed for any advice and pointers!

If you become a resident of Malta you will have to pay tax on any income transferred to Malta ie the money you will be living from when you are in Malta . Caution: THe tax offices are now beginning to check taxation details.

THe other issue is National Insurance ( health insurance for example). If you pay private in the UK you will have to pay private in Malta. THe UK system is residence based , the Malta system depends on payments.

Where your income comes from does not really interest the Inland Revenue in Malta.

so, to answer your question, you will need proof of income ( or finances) and health insurance.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,
Many thanks for prompt response! I have no problems paying tax, especially as UK has a double-taxation treaty with Malta; my concern is really about the documents required for CEA Form A (http://www.identitymalta.com/wp-content … m-a_A4.pdf) - in the employer section can I just put down my UK company details? Also the form requires the following documents:
EU nationals who are taking up employment in Malta as self employed:
 Original and copy of ETC engagement form issued by ETC
 Original and copy of Trading Licence issued by the Trade Department
 Original and copy of VAT registration certificate issued by VAT department
 Original and copy of document showing Tax registration certificate number issued by the Inland Revenue Department
 Original and copy of document showing National Insurance registration number
 Business document showing the business address

Which ones would be applicable given my employer is a UK company and not a Maltese company?
Thanks a lot!