Moving to Belize or Hawaii

Hello everyone!
Was wondering if anyone might share some information.  I was thinking of moving to Belize...not, even sure where the best place would be.  I would like to pursue setting up a business (perhaps a small coffee shop) and, maybe a small spa that offers Reiki as I am a Master Reiki practitioner. 

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to start the process?  What and where a good place to start a small business?

Thanks so much...

Hello, 

I too have similar interests. I have just completed traveling around Belize for two months getting to know the country and my own personal journey of reflection and teaching and sharing knowledge about the bountiful plants and how they can help heal. 

Generally the more touristy areas will be more likely to be open to yet another massage/spa .  I am a cosmetologist and want to,live and work there part time in the winter months to get away from the Midwest winters.  I make vit c seaweed ( from sustainably raised seaweed farm in Placencia).  I also met healers and herbalists who need help marketing their products. .  My goal is to market and private label these locally made products for them as well as my own.  Business owners are required to pay huge import taxes at customs and using more local ingredients to make their own, just makes more sense. 

There are work permit requirements if you are employed by a Belizean business.  If you start your own business and employ at least one local Belizean, I have heard it is much easier to plow through the bureaucratic red tape. 

I am looking for someone to make my products, bottle and label them and distribute them to the few contacts I made in Belize. It is not even a part time job, just an occasional one that requires a conscientious attitude and sanitary environment.   

Good luck and stay in touch.