Shipping vehicle to Belize

I'm trying to find the cheapest (reliable) method of shipping a vehicle from the USA to Belize City. So many companies online.

I will most likely be shipping out of Texas or possibly Florida.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Advice? Recommendations?

All input is greatly appreciated.
Try Victor Reimer out of Spanish Lookout. They drove my truck down from Texas.
@Mangos & Mangroves

I have not shipped anything in. However if you use the search function (magnifying glass upper right of the screen) to search, there are older threads here that discuss various aspects of shipping vehicles and containers.
Keep the search simple. Suggest starting with SHIPPING.

Be aware the Belize government gets over half of its funds collecting import duties. Check out Belize government website for current duty information. It might shock you. 

@Mangos & Mangroves
there is No RoRo Service in Belize
so shipping your vehicle in a 20ft container is costly.
with these high fuel prices driving your vehicle down to Belize will cost you quite a bit.
consider buying a car in Quintana Roo
unfortunately Mexico does not allow you to claim the IVA which is nearly 20%
duty on an older 4x4 is not so high
specially if you bring it through the northern boarder.
@Mangos & Mangroves I used someone here drive cars from Taxes to Belize regularly.  Price is reasonable. Please let me know if you want contact information.

Coco
Try Victor Reimer out of Spanish Lookout. They drove my truck down from Texas.
- @TexItalian
Thank you so much. This may be the best option for me.

Appreciate it!!
@CocoHer

Hi!  Thanks so much. I would really appreciate that contact information.

Thanks for your help.
@Aerodex

Thank you. I appreciate the info.
@triffic

Thank you for the information. I will certainly look into this option.
@Mangos & Mangroves

Sorry Just seen this. I will PM you the information.

From what I know, shipping a vehicle between countries can have its share of hangups and complications. I might start just by calling a couple car shippers to see about the specifics and if you like what they advise, you can get a quote, otherwise move on. You should get a few estimates before making a decision to compare prices, etc. If you need a starting point, I've heard good things about this company [link moderated] but have no experience using them personally.

We paid $20,000 to have vehicle and goods shipped in a 40' container. Have a Belize Citizen meet you in Tx and have it driven. Be prepared to pay upto 70 percent of retail value and 12.5 percent GST

Shipping a vehicle in is quite doable, although somewhat costly (we've done it). I believe there are several companies that do it. If memory serves me correctly, we used Hyde Shipping out of Florida, and it all went quite smoothly. I don't offhand know current pricing, but if my memory is correct, it was something like $1,800 for the shipping charge. Note that you can't ship anything in the car, it has to be empty. Then at the other end, you will have to pay duty and sales tax, and yes, it is steep. (Although it should be noted that if one is going to live in Belize using the QRP program these fees can be waived for a vehicle that is no more than three years old, as I remember). As for getting someone to drive it in from Texas, that's up to you; I live in Belize, and I know how they drive, so personally I'll be dipped if I would allow a Belizean stranger to drive my vehicle, but your mileage may vary. We felt safer sending it via ship. Very critical to this equation is your choice of vehicle, which makes a vast difference in the charges. If you ship a vehicle, you really want to hire an expeditor, who will not only accelerate the process of getting your vehicle out of customs, but will usually find ways to "devalue" your vehicle so the charges aren't so high. An alternative is to purchase a vehicle in Belize, but there are two major cons to doing that. 1). More than 90% of the vehicles that are sold used in Belize are vehicles that have been totaled and cannot be registered in the US (salvage title), and 2). the used cars available are generally outrageously expensive.

Hello - currently in Australia and trying to find a company that will ship a few t chest size boxes to Belize - any body got any suggestions

try this shipping company

www.cma-cgm.com

they have an office in Belize in too

@triffic

Hello! It seems ages since you were around. 😀

I see your now in Panama, hope all is well.

Will The Old

Wow, Will the Old, you disappeared from the forum, and from moderating the forum, and re-named yourself. Glad to know you are still around.

Hello - currently in Australia and trying to find a company that will ship a few t chest size boxes to Belize - any body got any suggestions
-@kristieR

DHL has a third party agent in Belize City.

You could contact your local DHL office and see what they can do.

@CocoHer

Hello I would really like the contact information for having my vehicle driven to Belize from Texas.

@Mangos & Mangroves Hi, not sure if you've made the move yet, but would love to know what option you decided on and how it went, please give us all an update. 1f60e.svg

I too will eventually be looking to transport or ship a vehicle, we currently live in Galveston, and have options out of the Houston ports. We qualify for the QRP so we have that too...

@jbarrientes211

I just PM you the information.

@Mangos & Mangroves I just shipped a tractor with Hyde shipping via shipyourcarnow.com. Not outrageously expensive to ship. Problem for a car/vehicle is paying the import duty and the tax. Probably better off to buy in-country. No duty on tractor.

Hey there, I just saw your post, and I know it's been a while, but I wanted to share my experience with shipping a car abroad. I had to ship my car to Europe a few months ago, and I was also looking for the cheapest and most reliable option.

@karenjoe How did you avoid duty on tractor?

There is no duty on tractors, farm equipment. Just taxes.

I wanted to share my own experience with shipping a car overseas. A few months ago, I had to send my car to Europe, and like you, I was searching for the most affordable and trustworthy choice. I found a great service that provided  covered car transport, which helped me ship my car to the seaport safely and securely. They were really helpful and made the whole process a lot easier for me. I highly recommend them if you're still looking for a shipping option. Hope this helps!

@CocoHer I need someone to drive down my car from Texas to Belize and can you tell me the price.

@karenjoe what was tax on your tractor?

@papitrejo Price different depends on the what to drive through. You will need to talk to the transporter directly. I will PM his contract information to you.

Coco

@marciarandle I believe it was 12.5%

@TexItalian What did it cost for Victor to drive your truck down?

@CocoHer can I have their information? I'm highly interested

@CarlaCole  What was the company?  We will ship car from Spain to Belize.

@marciarandle Just now saw your question. It was pretty expensive, around $4000us.

But, my case was a little different. I loaded my Tacoma on my 18ft car carrier trailer, and they bought a Ford F150 at an auction in Dallas and used it to tow my trailer down (blown tires, bent axle, broke spring, pretty bad shape once it arrived, but I digress).

Since paperwork is the same for one or two vehicle, I suspect I ended up paying for all their expenses/duties on the Ford as well.

There are MANY Beliziasn that make their living moving vehicles/equipment down, then selling them. I suggest you ask around where you are, about who does that.

@brianordonez501 I will PM you.

@CarlaCole   We will need to ship car from Europe to Belize. Can you share details of the company you used? 

@CarlaCole  What is name of Shipping Company?  Contact details?