3500 new Hotel Rooms to be built in DR by German Investors

Foreign investors to build 3,500 hotel rooms in the Dominican Republic dominicantoday.com
Santo Domingo.- The head of the State-owned Reservas bank on Wednesday said a business team has met in Berlin with groups of investors who plan to build 3,500 hotel rooms in the Dominican Republic

JD we hear this type of thing often. Nothing is real until the money is committed, they break ground and we see construction........... and then we still wait to see if it gets finished.

Too often it is all hype.....  lets hope its real.

Still holding my breath for the new road to Santiago from PP, the new hospital for Sosua, the new police station in Sosua,  the loop road around Cabarete, the new 4 lane highway from PP to Navarete, the redone amphitheater and on and on and on.....

Bob K

Good afternoon

As impressive as it sounds, reality has shown that over 20 years of tourism developments in D.R. by mega corporations, the population and the environment hadn't seen any benefits from it. All they really care is keeping the majority of the population under educated for a great profit the cheap labor can offer in the Island.

This government has to think differently and focus more in developing their education system, encourage and promote entrepreneurship for the sake of its own people.

Yeah Bob, & don't forget the marina just west of Sosua in Los Jaramichos
or however you spell it!

I was just trying to share some potentially good news, sorry.

No worries JD,  after being here a few years you will understand completely.   It is usually politically motivated. They love the good press about themselves, then we wait and see.............. usually nothing comes of it. BUT once in a while it actually  happens!

JD, Planner is quite right, she usually is.
Good news announcements make the voters feel good!
There is also the ongoing sugar plant revivals for Montellano.
The Playa Grande revival is about halfway finished.
I am not positive, but I believe that is all privately financed.
Albeit for the wealthy tourists & Dominicans only.
A little sad, but true.

Greetings JD did you get the private messages on the work at home jobs I sent you?

JD we are just looking at it with out the rose colored glasses :D

Bob K