Exit visa Vs. Iqama Expiry

I would like to ask anyone who can enlighten me with this matter.

My 2 years contract will end soon this June 2015, but my Iqama expiry will end Sept.12015. When is the best time to exit the country,? Is it necessary to leave the country before your iqama will expire? Or how about the exit visa if my employer will delayed to process it? Which one i will base my date for leaving the country?

When your contract expires your employer will settle your payments and apply for a final exit. Validity of iqama does not matter here.

So you mean even my iqama expires, when my employer delayed my exit visa i will still be able to leave the country? Thank you.

Sellelou wrote:

So you mean even my iqama expires, when my employer delayed my exit visa i will still be able to leave the country? Thank you.

you can leave or exit , even when your Iqama/ resident visa expires.

but don't let that happen, i mean, don't let your employer delay the processing of exit visa.
FYI, you can apply for Exit visa yourself. If you have an ATM account, go to the option Government, go to Alien, then pay for Exit Visa. All visa now are electronic, you don't have to carry a printed paper to show to the immigration. Once you pay your visa in the bank, the paid visa automatically is viewable in the immigration computer.

Thanks for giving me insights on this matter.. I will difinitely do it soon hopefully ...

My advise is to plan your final settlement and exist before the iqama expires because then you'll have to pay some charges and that will delay your exit few days till you settle the matter. you cannot pay the fees at the airport, it'll have to be settled by your employer. Long story short, leave before the iqama expires...but if it does, it's not the end of the world : )

Make sure you leave at least 2 months before your iqama expires. Once it expires, regardless of your contract status, Saudi law has enough probable cause to incarcerate you, and you dont want that to happened. Just leave unless you have the companies advice and assurance that your iqama is being processed for renewal, if or when you decide to extend your stay. Good luck.

Thanks for your response.