Airport buses

Hi Guys,

I'm in Sliema, I'm just trying to go over plans for travelling Christmas Eve, I have an early flight, I'm looking at the X2 at 5:55

Does anyone have any experience in getting the bus to the airport? Is it reliable? Am I going the best route?

Thankyou for any advice in advance!

Hope your all having a good day
Maria 😊

Hi,
To check the best route I would suggest you consult the Public Transport website located at http://publictransport.com.mt/home?l=1
Have a safe journey. And best wishes.
Charlo

Depends where your traveling from remember you should be at airport at least 2 hours before flight dep time , security may be busy because people will want to leave for Christmas . Buses in morning can be hit and miss in terms of traffic remember it's Christmas eve so last shopping day before Christmas people will head out early to hit shops at 7am

robpw2 wrote:

Depends where your traveling from remember you should be at airport at least 2 hours before flight dep time

Not true, depends upon airline, online pre book in etc. If booked in online depends upon bag drop closure time.

redmik wrote:
robpw2 wrote:

Depends where your traveling from remember you should be at airport at least 2 hours before flight dep time

Not true, depends upon airline, online pre book in etc. If booked in online depends upon bag drop closure time.

This from Malta airport website..

"If you're checking in at the airport, it's crucial to plan ahead and get to the departure terminal in time. Check in counters at all airports open at least 2 hours before the schedule time of departure. This gives you enough time for checking in, going through security checks and boarding the plane"

This is exactly what robw2 wrote!!  so what part is not true?

Terry

I dropped bags, cleared security in 45 mins before my flight 2 days ago. If one has checked in online, has a printed boarding pass done online you can do this. No need for 2 hrs, one does not HAVE to be there 2 hrs previous. If no hold luggage can be even later. So it is not compulsory. There is no should be.

sorry its reccomended is what i should have writen as with all airports it depends on the number of flights, hand luggage and how many are travelling .. with today being christmas eve i suspect the airport to be busy

redmik wrote:

I dropped bags, cleared security in 45 mins before my flight 2 days ago. If one has checked in online, has a printed boarding pass done online you can do this. No need for 2 hrs, one does not HAVE to be there 2 hrs previous. If no hold luggage can be even later. So it is not compulsory. There is no should be.

"Air Malta check in counters at airports close 45 minutes prior the scheduled time of departure."

Good job you didn't  fly with Air Malta then!

should
verb

used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions.

Nothing there about "compulsory"

Still you are nearly always right.

Terry

You are correct on both counts, book in times vary. Just as I stated.

Does anyone know if the buses are running new years day? (1st Jan) looked on website can't seem to find much info. landing in Malta on that day hoping to get the bus home!

they ran christmas day so is suspect so

in the past buses used to stop between noon and 3pm. but i do not know what they will be doing this year.

redmik wrote:

I make sure I am, regardless.
I generally only carry hand luggage, thus saving a pile of messing about, but sitting in an airport cafe, relaxing with a newspaper is far better than sitting in the back of a taxi in a traffic jam, wondering of you're going to make your flight.

I very strongly suggest going nice and early.

yaa, i reached to give u advise late,

anyway did you travel?

thx