Canadian wanting to check into retiring in Chile

We're currently in Winnipeg and considering a trip to Chile to do an inital check for potential retirement possibilities.  Chile is near the top of our list, but we still have to check things out for ourselves of course.  We still have many questions even after reading books and researching the internet and speaking with Chilean people who are visiting our home city.

We just want a smaller town with reasonable amenities (ie groceries, hospital, library etc), so if anyone has some places you can recommend we check into please, let me know.

We're living in St John's and I've also been considering Chile as a place to live in the future, so would be interesting in hearing what you find out if you travel to Chile.

I'm actually from the US but my wife is from southern Chile and I visited there with her once and was very impressed. I've lived and visited many countries in Latin America but would have to say Chile is at the top of my list.

Nice small towns we visited include Osorno, Frutillar and Pucon (my favorite). I also liked Concepcion/Talcahuano but that's a bit more of a city. Best of luck!