US country ham

Hi all.  About to move to Oslo from the southern US and am having a sudden panic attack regarding country ham.  Does anyone know if you can bring it with you in your luggage if it's vacuum-sealed by the manufacturer?  I'm not talking the whole ham, just a few slices in a vacuum pack.
Thanks!
Jay

Usually you're not permitted to take food, even processed foods, across international borders.

If in doubt, don't take it.

jaymoore577 wrote:

Hi all.  About to move to Oslo from the southern US and am having a sudden panic attack regarding country ham.  Does anyone know if you can bring it with you in your luggage if it's vacuum-sealed by the manufacturer?  I'm not talking the whole ham, just a few slices in a vacuum pack.
Thanks!
Jay

Hei Jay,
May be the below link helps planning your baggage:

http://toll.no/templates_TAD/Article.as … anguage=en

regards,
vineet.

godsavetheking wrote:

Usually you're not permitted to take food, even processed foods, across international borders.

If in doubt, don't take it.

Which isn't to say that you can't take it, but rather that you may not.

Last time my parents visited, they brought me over a breakfast pack consisting of blood pudding, sausages, square sausage, and fruit sausage.

It was illegal and delicious.

When I visited Norway, I brought with me Peanutbutter, Jelly, candies, and various kinds of alcohol, all of which were approved by customs at the gate. I don't know about taking your ham, though.

Blood pudding sounds scary.